Chapter 18 ~ hard to adapt ~

A few weeks later, Dean was in his office and his security had flown in from the states and were stationed all around. He had guys at his grandparents house watching over his mother and sister and he had someone tailing Nate to make sure he was ok.

He hadn't actually told Nate he had someone tailing him yet because he wasn't ready to deal with any push back but after what had happened he hoped that Nate would be understanding.

Today was Friday and he was collecting Nate after work to take him to meet his family. He had wanted to take them out to dine but his mother had insisted on cooking. Luckily the cut on his lip was barely noticeable and the stitches had dissolved so he wouldn't have to upset his mother by explaining what had happened.

Looking at his watch he saw it was 6.30pm so he shut down his computer before standing up and grabbing his jacket and when he walked outside, his men stood to attention,

"chill guys, you don't have to stand on ceremony ... Tira, I'm taking off now, have a good weekend"

"thank you, you too Mr Gaynor" Deans secretary replied.

Dean informed the security of his plans so they could follow him easily and then he went down to the car park before heading over to his car, the lights flashing as he unlocked it. He waited for the guys to get to their own cars then he set off weaving through the busy weekend traffic until he got to Nate's coffee shop.

Climbing out of the car he walked inside and nodded to one of the barista's who was serving customers, they were used to him popping in now and knew that Nate was dating him.

"is Nate in the back? is it ok for me to go through?"

"yes of course, you know the way" the barista said.

Dean went through to the back to find Nate checking his stock so he could place an order for the weekend.

"hey babe"

"oh, hi Dean, I'm nearly done, have you had a good day?" Nate asked his boyfriend while looking over his shoulder at the two men who stood just inside the door.

"it's not been too bad, how about you? are you looking forward to meeting my family?" Dean replied.

"of course, from what you have already told me they sound lovely, I can't wait to sample your mae's cooking too" Nate smiled.

"yes, she loves cooking, have you had any trouble?" Dean asked.

"trouble as in ... suspicious looking customers, that kind of thing? Nate asked.

"mmm, after what happened we can't be too careful" Dean said.

"I know but no, it's been same old, same old"

"that's good" Dean said walking up to Nate and throwing his arms around his waist.

Nate pushed him away and whispered,

"not while they're there Dean, it feels weird" Nate said.

"you're right, I'm sorry"

"do they have to actually be in the room?" 

"I can ask them to stand outside if you like?" Dean said. 

"no don't bother, we'll be leaving soon anyway" Nate replied.

Dean nodded but couldn't help feeling dejected, he hadn't seen Nate since yesterday and he wanted to hold him and give him a kiss. 

He could understand why Nate felt uncomfortable though so he had to try and be a little more patient, he had been living under the eyes of servants and security ever since he could remember.