Chapter 11 ~ the morning after ~

Nate was wide awake but kept his eyes firmly closed afraid to open them because to open them meant it had really happened, to open them meant he would see Dean's face beside him and the shame would eat him alive.

Shiyaa, how could he face Dean after what they had done last night, why the hell couldn't he keep it in his pants for a little while at least. He'd behaved like some sex starved lunatic and after such a lovely evening too and now he'd possibly ruined everything.

Dean would probably think he was a slut and to be fair, Nate would have to agree. He should have let Dean go home when he mentioned it instead of practically throwing himself at the guy but worrying about it wasn't helping, he couldn't just lay here with his eyes closed all day.

Slowly, very slowly he opened his eyes to see the space beside him was empty,  

"ok, that's good, he must be in the bathroom" Nate thought to himself,

Would it be rude if I went to work and left him a note telling him to help himself to breakfast and let himself out? Nate pondered.

"let's get up and sneak out" Nate decided as he silently crept out of bed.

He couldn't hear any noises coming from the bathroom so he thought he'd better hurry up. He dressed quickly and wrote a note saying he'd had a call from work and he had to go but he told Dean to help himself to breakfast before leaving and thanked him again for the wonderful meal.

Nate grabbed his jacket, cellphone and wallet before creeping through the lounge. He remembered all the clothes which had been discarded the night before but they had all been picked up and folded.

He really was the worst, sneaking out of his own place like a thief in the night but he couldn't face Dean just yet. Reaching the door he took hold of the handle and slowly opened it hoping it didn't creak while keeping his eyes fixed on the bathroom door down the hallway.

Holding his breath until the door was fully open, he turned his head and there was Dean with a bag in his hand.

"aghh' shiyaa I didn't see you there" Nate swore.

"I'm sorry if I scared you, I went out to get breakfast for us" Dean smiled.

"what to do? I have to go to work, I'm so sorry, I got a call" Nate lied.

"but surely you can eat first?" Dean asked.

"I'll get something at work, I have to go Dean, but you go ahead and eat, let yourself out when you're done" Nate said, standing back so that Dean could go inside.

"are you trying to run away again Nate?" Dean said not moving from his position.

"no, no way, why on earth would I do that" he laughed nervously.

"why indeed?" Dean replied.

Dean walked into the condo but took hold of Nate's wrist as he passed,

"come on, you need to eat first" Dean said.

"I really don't, I can eat anytime" Nate argued.

"nonsense, come and eat with me Nate" Dean said.

Realizing he wasn't going to be able to get out of it, Nate went back into the apartment dropping his things on the kitchen counter before getting plates and cutlery out of the cupboard to plate up the porridge that Dean had bought.

His tummy growled when the aroma hit him, he was hungrier than he'd thought so thanking Dean and taking the bag from him, he plated up the porridge and they sat to eat.