Chapter 13 ~ trust issues ~

Dean was picking Nate up at 8pm and they were meeting Tan at the club as well as the rest of Nate's friends and acquaintances. It could prove to be a fun evening if he could just stop sulking because he wouldn't have Nate to himself.

He wanted to seal the deal and make it official that they were an item though he wondered if Nate might think that he was rushing things, after all they hadn't known each other very long but the heart wants what it wants and his heart wanted Nate.

He bathed then styled his hair making sure to cover his scar with a little concealer before dressing in a light grey suit with a coordinating shirt and tie and after choosing a watch and putting it on he grabbed his wallet, cell phone and car keys before heading out.

Nate was just adding the finishing touches to his wardrobe, he had chosen a pale grey suit with a striped tie and wore his silver earring. He had styled his hair and misted himself with a subtle after shave and he felt confident that he looked good.

Looking at the wall clock he saw it was 7.50pm, Dean was due around 8pm so he grabbed his things and left his condo' to go down to the lobby to meet him and a few minutes later he saw Dean's car roll into the car park.

Rushing over to it he waved at Dean through the windscreen before slipping into the passenger seat beside him,

"hi Dean" Nate said.

"hi baby, I've missed you" Dean replied leaning over to kiss Nate fleetingly.

"you look great Dean"

"so do you baby" Dean replied.

"are we picking up your friend Tan next?" Nate asked.

"nope, he's meeting us at the club"

"I can't see your scar, did you use make up?" Nate asked.

"mmm, I just thought I'd make a bit of an effort for you" Dean replied.

"crikey, for fear of repeating myself you look so much like Hayden right now" Nate said.

"should I wipe it off?" Dean asked.

"no, of course not, you should do what you want to do" Nate replied.

Dean shrugged and put the car in first as they set off to the club then when they arrived they walked past a long queue and were granted immediate access, the door men bowing to Dean and his companion as they passed them and Dean kept his hand at the small of Nate's back to let everyone know that the attractive young man was spoken for.

Climbing the stairs to the the VIP lounge the doors were opened by a member of security and they walked inside to see Korn,

"hey Korn, where's Miki?" Nate asked.

"he's in the bathroom, no one else is here yet" Korn replied.

"ok, I'm just going to the bathroom Dean, I won't be long Korn" Nate said.

He thought it was a perfect opportunity to clear the air with Miki then they could forget about it and enjoy the evening. 

Walking into the toilet, Nate found Miki at the sink, splashing cool water onto his cheeks so approaching him, he spoke casually,

"you alright bro?"

"not too bad, just a bit hot" Miki replied.

"I've not seen you for a couple of weeks, have you been well?" Nate asked.

"not too bad, you know how it is" Miki said turning to dab his face and hands with a paper towel.

"I'm glad we have this time to chat anyway bro, Hayden said you called him and was asking him questions about Dean and our date?"