Chapter 6

Akiko P.O.V.

The air is cold and crisp, and everything is covered in a blanket of snow. I didn't know the world could change this much with only two weeks of staying inside. "Are you sure?" Mao Mao asks. "Yes. Suiren-san dressed me warmly, and I have this furred cape that Zuigetsu-sama so kindly had made for me. I should go for a stroll" I say. I look at Mao Mao, who is wearing warm clothes, and a furred cape that suits her perfectly. "Yes, the fresh air will probably do you some good. That doesn't mean that you feel ready" Mao Mao says. "I do..I am ready" I say, even though I'm not sure. "Let's go then" she says and starts walking. I smile slightly as I listen to the sound our footsteps our feet make in the snow. "Lady Lihua" Mao Mao says, making me look up. "Officially you're higher ranked than me now" Lihua says with a slight amused smile. "I don't agree" Mao Mao says. Lihua turns to me. "I heard what happened" she says. "I have lost a son too, and I am very sorry for your loss" she says. "You survived it, so I'm certain that I will too" I say, with a slight smile. Lihua smiles. "If it wasn't for Mao Mao, I wouldn't have survived at all" she says. "You give me too much credit" Mao Mao says. "You are too humble" Lihua says. She then turns to me again. "With her by your side, I am sure that you will be fine. But it's okay to grieve. Allow yourself to" Lihua says. She nods her head in a slight bow and continues along. Mao Mao looks at me. "Are you alright?" She asks. For a little while I don't respond. "Do you think I can be happy here?" I ask. This time Mao Mao doesn't respond. "I think you can be. It might not be now, you might be hurting for a while, but eventually, when that has passed I think you can be happy" Mao Mao says. "I think I want to go back now" I say. "Are you sure?" She asks. I nod. "Yes. I am tired" I say. "Then let's go back" she says, I follow her but right before we go in, she stops. "Please don't blame yourself" she says. "I know that you do. But you couldn't have prevented this" Mao Kao says.

I silently open the door to Jinshi's bedroom, walk in and close it just as silently. I've stayed here long enough to make my way to his bed blindly, but when I reach it, Jinshi is already sitting up. "Akiko? What are you doing here?" He whispers surprised. "I apologize for bothering you, Zuigetsu-sama." I say softly. "No need. What's wrong?" He asks. "There's nothing wrong" I say and start to undress myself. "I know it's not my night, but it's been as long as the doctor ordered" I say, and crawl into bed as Jinshi lift the blankets, welcoming me, and lowering them on top of me as I sit on his lap astride. "Are you sure?" Jinshi whispers, his face close to mine. His body so close that I feel his chest against my voluptuous breasts. "My heart has been filled with so much pain" I whisper, slowly grinding him softly. "Only you can understand because he was your son too. He was ours." I say and wrap my arms around his shoulders, pressing my breasts against his chest. "Only you can take it away, even if it is momentarily" I whisper. Jinshi doesn't respond, and instead presses his lips against mine, and I passionately kiss back. As our tongues dance, Jinshi softly massages, squeezes my breasts. As our kiss stops he exhales and hides his face into my breasts. "They're so soft, and amazing" he mumbles before I feel a soft bite. When I feel his hardened member, I lift my hips so he can pull away his underwear. A soft gasp escapes both our lips, when I slowly sit down on top of him. "Are you alright? It doesn't hurt?" Jinshi whispers, as I'm all the way down.  "It doesn't" I whisper, and when he kisses me again, I start moving. Our moans are muffled by the kiss and my arms are wrapped tightly around his shoulders as his are around my waist. When our lips part, he hides his face in my neck as I tilt my face up to the ceiling, speeding up my movements just slightly. With one swift movement, Jinshi has turned us and I gasp as I feel him thrusting deeper inside, with a faster pace. I softly whisper his name as this time, I hide my face into his neck, wrapping my arms around his shoulders again.

I look at Jinshi as he softly taps my nose with his index finger. "Aren't you tired? What is your mind so occupied with?" He whispers. "Something I shouldn't be thinking of" I say with a slight smile. "Which is?" Jinshi asks. "I was just wondering if having sex with me is as pleasurable of you, as it is with Mao Mao-san" I say. For a moment Jinshi seems surprised and then he chuckles, pulling me into his arms. "It's difficult to explain. It's different" Jinshi says. "Because of the place Mao Mao grew up, she knows things about pleasure that makes our sex adventurous, and sometimes more of a race of to get the other to climax first" Jinshi says. "Whereas ours is much more intimate. It's about us, and loving one another" Jinshi says. "Which is just as pleasurable, and sometimes even more so" he adds. I lay my head against his shoulder. "Of course Mao Mao and I love each other, sex and affection just isn't something we use to show it to each other. While between you and I it is" Jinshi says softly. I don't respond, feeling embarrassed. Jinshi softly strokes my cheek. "What made you think about that?" He asks softly. "I don't know. Curiosity I think" I answer. "Strange thing to be curious about" he says amused. "Is it? I'm curious about a lot of things" I say. "Like what?" Jinshi asks. "The herbs and medicine of this country, laws and politics" I say. "Hmm" Jinshi says, and smiles amused. "What?" I ask, smiling amused. "Nothing. You're interesting" he says. "I'm not" I chuckle. "You are" Jinshi says. "It just makes me wonder..." he whispers and suddenly stops. "Wonder what?" I ask. "Never mind" Jinshi says with a sad smile. "No, please tell me" I say. Jinshi sighs. "It makes me wonder what kind of world you would have shown our Tian" he says. I smile sadly. "The same that my father has shown me" I say. Jinshi presses a kiss against my forehead. "You will be a good mother" he says. "You think so?" I ask. "I know you will" he says. It's silent for a long time, when Jinshi strokes my hair behind my ear. "You should try to get some sleep" he whispers. "Shouldn't you?" I ask. "I will" he says. "Just close your eyes and sleep. I'll be here when you wake up" Jinshi whispers in my ear.