Chapter 13

Ka Zuigetsu (Jinshi) P.O.V.

I look up when the door opens, and the Emperor walks in. "Leave us" he says to Basen and Gaoshun. Both bow as they do. "I'm getting tired of this, Zuigetsu" he says as I rub my forehead and he sits down on the other side of my desk. "If you really want Gyokuyou's boy to be the Crown Prince, so be it. But at least take the position of my right hand man and continue to support me, and Crown Prince when he ascends the throne" The Emperor says. "I will do so until the day I die" I say with a slight smile. The Emperor smiles. "Good. Then let's put the matter behind us" he says. I nod as I lean back in my chair. "You still seem troubled" the Emperor says as Mao Mao walks in with a tray of tea. "Akiko is with child again" I say. "I see. Well done. Congratulations" the Emperor says. "Thank you" I say. Chuckling the emperor strokes his beard. "Look at you, making me a granddaddy before I even turn forty" he says. "You're having way too much fun with it" I say, dryly. "There's no poison" Mao Mao says after taking a sip. "Thank you" I say and she leaves. "It will be having aunts and uncles around its own age, probably have some that are even younger" The Emperor says. "Seriously stop" I say, slightly annoyed but this makes him laugh even louder. "All the kidding aside, why is that troubling you?" He asks. "It's worrisome enough after everything that happened last time, but I lost my temper with her yesterday and I slapped her" I say. "Which is your right though" the Emperor says. "She didn't deserve it. It was just bad timing" I say. "She's pregnant so go to her with something she's craving, hand her her favorite flowers and make up. It's not that hard" The Emperor says. I sigh. "I guess you're right. I'm overthinking this" I say. "So, are you excited to become a grandfather?" I ask teasingly. The Emperor laughs. "Perhaps" he says. "Will you come visit when it's born?" I ask. "I pray that Akiko will carry it to term, and he will be born in good health. And if that happens I'd be honored to visit him....or her" the Emperor says. I smile. "Thank you" I say softly. "I might even take the Empress and the kids with me" he says with a wink.

I hesitate as I'm in front of Akiko's room. In my hands I have a basket of seasonal, sweet fruits. I take a deep breath and walk in. "Can't you lot knock anymore? I'm not finished dressing Akiko-sama yet" Kazue says as she walks around the corner. "Oh....Zuigetsu-sama...I'm not finished dressing Akiko-sama" she says. She says it normally but her eyes judge me for slapping her lady. "That's alright, I have seen her naked before" I say, continuing to walk in. Akiko is still in her underwear. Her belly is already starting to curve, but when I look up at her face I see a scratch on her cheek. I immediately feel a stab in my heart. "You can leave. I will help her dress" I say. "Akiko-sama?" Kazue asks hesitantly. "It's fine" Akiko says. After another look at me, Kazue leaves. "I came to apologize. I brought you this" I say, placing the basket on the table. "You don't have to apologize" Akiko says, looking away. "I do. You didn't deserve that" I say, walking at her.  "So please accept my apologies" I say, softly stroking her cheek. Akiko sighs. "Fine" she says. "But do help me dress. I'm cold" she says. "Of course, my darling. But first" I say, placing my hand on her belly. "He's already growing huh?" I ask. "Yes. I wasn't showing this much with Tian" Akiko says. "Are you sure you're not further along?" I ask. "I'm not sure" she says. I crouch down, place my hands on her hips and press a kiss on her growing belly. "Keep on growing, my little one. Grow up big and strong" I whisper. I press another kiss on her belly before standing up and walk to her closet. I call Kazue back in, and soon she's beside me. "I'm not sure which will cover her belly" I say softly. "Leave it to me" Kazue says, shooing me away from the closet. "She's a good attendant" Akiko says with a smile. "I can see that" I say, smiling slightly. I then press a kiss against Akiko's temple. "I'll leave you to it. Eat the fruits. They're good for you, and they're sweet." I say. "Thank you" Akiko says. "Come see me later when you have time" I say, I press a soft kiss on Akiko's lips before leaving the room.

I place my head on Mao Mao's lap and close my eyes with a sigh. "Headache again?" She asks. "Yes, my love" I answer "you worry too much" she says and softly starts stroking my forehead and top of my head. I smile. "Yes my love" I say. "You're mocking me" Mao Mao says, and I just smirk. Playfully she slaps my chest. Chuckling I grab her wrist. "I'm sorry. It was just too easy" I say, softly pressing a kiss on her hand. Mao Mao scoffs. I sit up, and turn so my feet are on the ground again. "I'm sorry" I say, pressing a kiss on my wife's cheek. "You don't have to apologize for a little tease." Mao Mao says. "You normally wouldn't. Are you alright?" she asks, placing her hand in my forehead. "I'm fine" I say. "Are you sure?" Mao Mao asks. "Do I feel warm?" I ask. "No, but you are a bit pale. Are you eating well, sleeping well?" She asks. "I'm eating well, and I try to sleep well" I say with a slight smile. "To be able to take care of others, you have to take care of yourself first" Mao Mao says, softly stroking my cheek. "Thank you for reminding me" I say, even though it's something I already know. "I'm here to take care of you" Mao Mao says, looking at me seriously. "But there's only so much I can do, if you don't do it yourself" she says. "Do I look that bad?" I ask amused. "No, but I see what others don't" Mao Mao says. Smiling I place my forehead against hers. "I love you" I whisper. Mao Mao kisses me. "I love you too. I'll have them draw a bath for us" she says, then stands up. I watch her walking to the door, and asking Xiaolan to draw us a bath. I then watch her scuffle around to get things ready, and allow her to pull me with her as Xiaolan tells her the bath is ready. I sigh deeply when I'm in the hot water, and as does Mao Mao when she leans her back against my chest. There's nothing like this. I can feel myself relax, and I lean my head against Mao Mao's. "Why don't you sleep here tonight? You need a good night rest" Mao Mao says. I smile. "Thank you" I whisper.