Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Challenge

Unknown:

Let's meet at the mall, Austin. I told you yesterday that if you pick up Ellis, we'll go on a date.

I brushed my lips when I read her message. I sat on the bed and started typing.

Ako:

What time?

She replied promptly. Whew. Online? I smirked. My morning was so good. I felt like texting her all afternoon and not getting up.

Unknown:

Now, if it's okay with you. It works out since we don't have classes today.

I pondered. I wish I could enroll today since I'm planning to go back to school. I haven't told Zede yet that I'll be returning to classes, and I might miss out on their gigs. We got home late last night after having a few drinks, so I didn't mention going back to studying.

My cellphone vibrated again, so I checked it.

Unknown:

Do you have anything to do? Okay, let's do it tomorrow.

Ako:

I don't have anything to do now. I just plan to enroll. :D

Unknown:

Did you stop studying?

Ako:

Yes. I was taking up Engineering, Leyla, but I had to stop due to family problems. I was planning to continue, though.

Unknown:

Oh... Where do you want to study?

I bit my lower lip. I still don't know. I haven't thought about where I want to enroll.

Ako:

Let's talk about that later. I'm going to take a shower.

I stood up and placed the cellphone on the mini table. I thought she wouldn't reply, but the screen lit up again, so I checked.

Unknown:

Sorry! Alright, I'll accompany you. Drive safely.

I bit my lower lip. She'll accompany me to enroll? Damn. I really should start courting her. I don't want to think that I'm courting her with what we're doing. We're going on dates, right? Or is that considered courting too?

Whatever the right term is, I'll figure it out!

Nag reply lang ako.

Ako:

:)

I know my response to what she said is kind of pointless, but can she blame me for reacting like this?

Really, Austin? Tangina. Ang corny mong lalaki.

I just chuckled at myself and even sang a bit as I entered the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed. I emerged quickly, glancing at the large mirror on my condo wall.

"You're such a handsome guy. What's your secret, boss? No wonder the ladies are crazy about you," I quipped while staring at the mirror.

Ginilid ko ang aking mukha at hinaplos ang aking perpektong panga.

"See? You shouldn't be surprised anymore why girls are crazy about you. It's just normal," I added.

I bit my lip and turned away.

I just grabbed my car keys from my room and headed out. I went to the parking lot and started the car to leave. There's only one mall here, so it wasn't hard for me to figure out where Leyla might be.