Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Happy

"Hindi ako uuwi, Austin. Hanggang gabi pa ako rito. Kung ilalabas mo si Rila, mas mabuting sa Bonifacio na kayo umuwi mamayang gabi. Ihatid mo na lang ulit siya sa Makati, kinabukasan ng pasok mo." boses ni Mommy sa kabilang linya.

"Alright," I replied and ended the call.

I glanced at Rila in the rearview mirror. She was sitting in the back, not in the passenger seat. Someone else will sit there later. When she noticed my gaze, she smiled at me. Her pigtail was slightly messy. We haven't even left yet and she already looks like she's going home.

I was the one who fixed her hair.

"Is that Teacher Ellis?" she asked when she saw that I had a call.

I shook my head

I don't even know if that guy will agree. But what else can he do when we're already at the door of his apartment later? He can't complain anymore.

"No. That was Mommy. She said she can't go home, so we're going to Bonifacio,"

"To our house?" she asked cutely. I shook my head again.

"To my condo, Rila. We don't have a house in Bonifacio anymore. Daddy sold it. I'll just drop you off in Makati when I go to school, okay?" I explained to her.

She nodded, although it was clear from her face that she didn't fully understand what I said.

I didn't say anything and just drove. I still don't know where to find Ellis' apartment. I realized that I didn't ask him before ending the call. I was afraid that he might refuse, so I immediately hung up.

I picked up my cellphone again and dialed Ellis' number. My eyes kept shifting between the road and my cellphone. We might end up in another accident.

The cellphone rang, so I put it to my ear while driving.

"Where is your apartment? Send me the address. I'll pick you up," ani ko nang sagutin niya ang tawag.

I heard a loud sigh from him. I grinned while driving, he seemed really stressed, huh?

"Isasama mo talaga ako?" he seemed surprised as if I was joking.

"Yup. Send me the address of your apartment. Rila and I are already in the car. We're on our way," I answered and turned the car onto the other side of the road.

"Malayo ang address ng apartment ko. Huwag n'yo na akong isama, Austin. Paano kayo mag eenjoy kung may iba kayong kasama?" he almost pleaded with me.

I chuckled.

"Calm down. I'll be the one paying for everything. And besides, it might be even more fun if you're with us," I said confidently.

He let out a sigh. It took him a while before he spoke. Pinag isipan pa yata niya ang sasabihin.

"Alam ba ni Rila na kasama ako? Ang sabi niya kasi sa akin gusto niya lang na kayo lang dalawa. Wala siyang binanggit na may kasama dapat..." pahina nang pahina ang kan'yang boses.

A smirk played on my lips.

"She didn't say anything. You're just making up stories," I teased.

"Mayroon! Noong OJT ko!" he shouted in frustration on the other line.

Instead of being surprised, my smirk widened. I don't know why, but when he gets angry, I feel something different. Maybe I can't match his anger or irritation, but I'm still happy because even with just a little bit of emotion, he feels something for me.