Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Game

The light from the scooter hit my eyes. I squinted one eye as I faced the light from Ellis's motorcycle. My tears had dried up and I was starting to feel a bit lighter. Apparently, all I needed was a good cry to ease the heaviness in my chest.

He met me with a serious gaze as he stopped his scooter in front of me. He took off his helmet and fixed his hair.

"Umiinom ka?" was his first question, his gaze dropping to the beer in my hand.

I licked my lower lip.

"Just beer," I replied in a hoarse voice. Nag katinginan kaming dalawa at nakita ko sa kan'yang mata ang pag tatanong.

"May... problema ka ba?" dahan-dahan niyang tanong.

A grim line formed on my lips and I turned my gaze back to the sea.

"I did, but now that you're here, I'm okay." I looked at him.

I caught his lips parting in surprise, so I dropped my gaze there. When he closed them, I returned my gaze to his eyes. There was a bit of light on his side, so I could clearly see his brown eyes.

"Puwede kang mag sabi sa akin ng nararamdaman mo. Baka may maitulong ako," mahina niyang sambit, para bang nahihiya siya.

A smile tugged at my lips.

"Really?" I tilted my head and stared intently at his face.

Tumango siya.

"Yup," ngumiti siya sa akin.

I found myself smiling back.

"Come here," I whispered, patting the hood of my Chevrolet.

He slowly walked over and sat next to me. I immediately caught the scent of his cologne. I also noticed that he was wearing a dark blue hoodie, pajamas, and slippers. Even though his outfit was simple, you could still see the cleanliness in it.

"Just stay here, I'm going to buy some drinks. Don't worry, I'll only get you apple juice," I said, standing up.

He nodded, so I left to go to the convenience store behind us. I just grabbed an apple juice and another beer for myself. This doesn't get me drunk and I can still drive home after drinking it. I paid and left before returning to the hood of my Chevrolet.

I found him staring at the sea, flicking his wolf cut hair. When he noticed me, he moved over so I could sit.

"Here. This is your favorite, right? Apple?" I said, offering him the apple juice.

Tumango siya at kinuha sa aking kamay.

"Paano mo nalaman?" His eyes were sparkling.

"You mentioned it at the playground, remember?"

His eyebrows shot up as if he realized something.

"Natatandaan mo pa pala 'yon. Akala ko limot mo na..." he murmured the last part, but I heard it.

I never forget when it comes to you. How could I forget the small things you like? Those are important, no matter how small, they matter. Because sometimes, that's where everything starts.

I didn't respond and just faced the sea and the sky full of stars. It seemed like they were in sync with us because there were so many of them, accompanying us in the middle of the night. The sea was waving in front of us and the only sound we could hear was the wind.

This was the most peaceful moment in my entire life.

"Umiyak ka 'no?" Ellis suddenly asked me. I looked at him in surprise because of his question.