Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Heaven

"Your mom said Rila is there? You took her out yesterday? Bring her over to the house, I want to see her," my Dad said seriously.

I leaned back on the sofa while watching my flat screen TV. I put on some movies because I had nothing else to do. I was just waiting for Rila to wake up, she must have been really tired last night because she's still asleep.

"She's still asleep, Dad. She won't wake up until later," I replied.

"When she wakes up, pack some clothes for her and don't bother bathing her. They're going to swim here at the house, we have a kid's pool."

Whew.

"Who's with her?" I asked because my sister isn't close to any of his other kids.

"Eloise," he answered, referring to his youngest child with his current wife.

I don't know, but my Dad's family seems complicated. He has kids with my mom, that's us two, me and Rila, then he has another kid with another woman, his current wife. That's Claudicio and Eloise. I don't know, but I think there's one more. Well, still a baby?

As far as I know, Eloise is the same age as Rila, and Diccio is two years younger than me. Nineteen, I think.

So... if our ages are close, does that mean that Dad has been having an affair with that woman for a long time? Diccio's mom?

What the hell?

This is way too complicated.

"Rila might just end up fighting with her, Dad. You know how Rila can be snobbish towards other kids she doesn't know," I said.

I remembered the kid she hurt at school. Rila might hurt someone again later.

"Eloise is a good girl... She won't act snobbish, I already told her," he replied.

Hilaw akong ngumisi, nasa flat screen TV pa rin ang mata.

"Did you tell her that she'll be swimming with her sister? Or maybe she doesn't know she has a sibling other than her Kuya?" I asked.

I heard my Dad's surprise on the other end of the line.

"Does Diccio know he has another sibling? That I'm his brother? Maybe when Rila goes there, you'll introduce her as your niece and not your daughter, because you're embarrassed of your new family—" he cut me off.

"Austin! Kung gusto mo, sumama ka. I just want to spend time with your sister," he said.

Because you never visit her in Makati.

If he really wanted to spend time with Rila, why doesn't he visit her in Makati? Why doesn't he take her out like I did yesterday? Bakit palagi kami ang kailangan mag adjust para lang makuha ang atensyon nila?

"Where are we going, Kuya? Are we going out again? Is Teacher Ellis coming with us?" Rila asked me with a smile.

I avoided her gaze. Ellis again. I'm starting to get jealous. She always mentions him. I fastened her seatbelt.

"We're going to Dad's. He wants to see you."

Her almond-shaped eyes widened.

"Really? I wish I had made myself look pretty! I haven't even taken a bath yet..." she pouted.

I smiled and drove the car out of the parking lot.

"You're going to swim there so you don't need to take a bath. And why do you want to look pretty? You're only going to see Dad."