Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Want

My cellphone in the room suddenly rang loudly. Rila and I were in the bathroom. She was standing on a stool, washing her hands. We exchanged glances when it rang.

She was about to go down even though she wasn't finished yet, so I stopped her.

"You should take a shower too. Your back is sweaty, you can't sleep with sweat. You might get sick," I said because she was about to go to her room to get my cellphone.

She really knew that Ellis replied!

She pouted.

"Okay... But tell Teacher Ellis to wait for me," she said and went into her room.

I followed, but my destination was the bed where my cellphone was. Rila opened her drawer and took out some clothes. She didn't even glance at me and hurriedly left the room to take a shower.

"Be careful in the bathroom, Rila! Take it slow!" I shouted aggressively because I knew what she was going to do.

She was in a hurry because she knew that Ellis replied!

"I know, Kuya!" she shouted back.

Hindi na ako sumagot at kinuha nalang ang cellphone at binuksan iyon. Napalunok muna ako bago pinindot ang text ni Ellis.

Unknown:

Bakit?

Unknown pa din pala ang nakalagay sa contact niya. It wasn't even registered in my phone. I had no plans to fix his number in my contacts. He didn't want me to text his anyway, so what's the point of registering it, right? There's no reason.

At bakit lang reply niya!

I waited for so long.

Ako:

I was the first one to ask. Are you busy?

I didn't turn off my phone when he replied immediately.

Unknown:

Oo. Bakit?

Umirap ako. Busy pero nakakapag reply agad?

Ako:

Where are you?

Unknown:

Ang dami mong tanong. Bakit nga? Bakit ka nag tatanong kung busy ako at kung nasaan ako?

I can imagine what his face looks like as he says this to me. I think I can still see him even in text.

Ako:

Why don't you just answer without asking back?

Unknown:

Nasa apartment ako. Bakit?

Ayan na naman! May tanong na naman sa dulo!

Ako:

Are you with someone?

I didn't think about it when I sent that. My eyes lingered on what I said and waited for his to reply. But my nose almost smoked when he didn't reply after a few seconds.

Damn it. Why did I ask that? It's not in the script! I look like I'm investigating.

I closed my eyes tightly and suddenly my cellphone vibrate, causing me to open my eyes and quickly check it.

Unknown:

Wala, mag isa lang ako rito.

I don't know why, but I felt calm. I just forced my eyebrows to meet as I typed.