Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Exception

Holding a cotton ball, I tended to my own wounded lip. There was blood there that I had ignored earlier. My eyebrows furrowed as I watched the two people conversing in front of me.

"He's the one you brought to the bar, right? Leyla's friend?" Yael asked me. I nodded, not taking my eyes off them.

My sharp gaze remained on the two conversing. The height difference between them was quite noticeable. They were having a serious conversation, but I felt something strange within me. Hindi maawat ang galaw ng aking panga habang dinadampi ang bulak sa gilid ng aking labi.

"Kaibigan niya pala 'yon? Bakit ba kayo nag away? Kanina lang ay nag papasahan kayo ng bola tapos biglang mag susuntukan." si Yael.

"He started it. He grabbed the collar of your jersey," I replied.

I had already put on my uniform earlier. I also gave Yael his jersey back even though it was soaked in sweat. He said it was fine and that his maid would wash it. I didn't argue because I was no longer in the mood.

"Halata sa mukha na mayabang, pero mukhang mabait naman kapag si Ellis ang kausap,"

"Bakit kilala mo siya?" I quickly turned to look at him. His forehead creased.

"You brought him to the bar, right?"

I nodded and turned my gaze back to the two who were still talking. Ellis glanced at me and when he saw me looking, he turned his gaze back to Thayer. I rolled my eyes and stared at the courtyard floor.

My anger towards this guy only grew. He had done nothing good for me, and he even had the audacity to punch me! At least I got my revenge because his nose bled, but that wouldn't leave a mark on his face, unlike mine? On the corner of my lip. And even without looking, I knew it was big.

He was too aggressive, the agreement was just to play basketball. Then he threatened to punch me? And the worst part, he called me gay? Who wouldn't be insulted by that?

Bukod sa hindi marunong tumupad sa usapan, masyado pang matalim ang dila.

"Tagal ni Reon. Where could he have gone to buy that?"

Reon had left to buy some band-aids. Ilang minuto na ang lumipas, hindi pa rin bumabalik ang loko.

"Why don't you go after him? I'm about to leave and he's still not here," I said, looking at Ellis.

Thayer turned his back on him to pick up his ball and bag. My eyes narrowed as they both walked out of the courtyard together. I gritted my teeth. Of course. He was the one he would accompany, he was the one he saw getting punched.

Yael stood up and grabbed his bag.

"Just stay here. I'll go find Reon. If you're going home and I'm not back yet, just text me. Hindi na kami babalik dito." aniya.

Tumango ako at umalis na rin siya.

I stood up and picked up my towel. I was just going to rest for a bit and then leave. What else was I going to do here? Stand around and wait for the snake to slither by?

I twirled the keys to my car around my finger.

Damn that guy. He managed to look like the victim when he was the one who started the fight. I couldn't help but laugh when I thought that if I were Ellis, I would think the same thing.

I would also think that Thayer was the unfortunate one and that I was the one at fault.

Damn it, I understand. I just don't like this feeling. I don't want this.