BAD, BAD THOUGHTS

No, no, noo!"

I murmured as I frantically searched my bag. To think that I actually thought that this day couldn't get any worse, yet here I was standing outside the library desperately ransacking my backpack for my student id.

I had locked myself outside my dorm with the keys in my room, my roommate was out and would only be back after midnight. So I couldn't afford to not have my student id with me which was my only way into the library.

"Wow!", a deep voice said.

I quickly looked up from my bag and my eyes locked momentarily with soft brown ones which were staring at me. The owner of the brown pools continued to stare as if he was lost in a trance. I quickly followed his line of vision and looked behind me to see if there was perhaps someone he was addressing behind me, but there were only the two of us within the vicinity of the library parcel counter.

"Ouch!",

I screamed as the heavy calculus book I was carrying dropped with a thud on my foot.

I cussed under my breath at my clumsiness as I reached for the book, and just as I leaned over the contents of my open backpack spilled scattering all over the place.

That seemed to snap the weird guy out of his trance as he reached out to help with my stuff that now lay at my feet. I quickly raised my hand to stop him, but he paid me no attention as he picked up the book and a few other stuff laying around, that added to my frustration. I swear at this point I was very close to my tipping point and if I was being entirely honest, very close to tears of frustration.

This was just my second month into university and I was already staring into the eyes of a mental breakdown.

"I said it was okay!"

I snapped at the weird guy as I snatched my book from his hands and shoved it in my bag together with my pencil case and the other stuff I managed to salvage from the ground. What did he think this was, a romcom where he will help pick my books up and our eyes will interlock and then we fall hopelessly in love and live happily ever after?

I turned my back to him as I continued to look in my bag.

"Ummh...", he started.

I ignored him and continued my frantic search hoping against hope that my id was somewhere in there so that i can escape this weirdo and get into the library.

"Arielle, hie",

I whipped around and stood staring at him. How did he know my name?

He gave an easy smile and held up something white in his hand. Since it was getting dark and I was already over him and this whole mess of a day, I couldn't tell what it was.

"I believe you are looking for this?",

I continued to regard him with a non-amused questioning stare.

His smile got wider as he continued to hold my stare as if he found the whole situation very amusing.

A lonesome thought formed in the corner of my mind that wasn't totally consumed by frustration, and that thought was that this weird guy was not a totally sore sight to the eye.I quickly noticed that he was wearing gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt. An outfit, in my humble opinion, that never fails to look great on a guy.

But I quickly banished the thought from my mind just as fast as it had surfaced.

"Your id, it fell with the stuff from..."

I snatched it from his fingers before he completed the sentence and strode into the library without looking back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Promised To Anotherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें