WE REALLY NEED TO STOP MEETING LIKE THIS

"Okay Arie, I will be the first to admit that my brother can be a little bit weird at times. But I promise you, he is such a great tutor. He is the one who's been helping me with my assignments and test preps," Sibahle said, trying to convince me.

"I don't know Sibs, I don't want to be bothersome. Can't you just explain the concepts to me yourself?" I pleaded.

You will notice that we were now on nickname basis at this point, that is because we have been hanging out a whole lot. Sibs comes to my room regularly in between her classes. Her and Sammy got along like a house on fire.

It's been two weeks since Sibahle's pool party and midterm tests were around the corner.

"Well I could try but I am not half as good as he is, remember his major is mathematics of finance and eco. So he has done all this before and he has an extensive understanding of the concepts. And with your calculus mark right now, you need a miracle to pass the module", she said as she eyed me sideways.

"Wow, way to go Sibs, kick a girl while she is already down won't we," I complained weakly.

We were currently seated in our 'usual spot' in the cafeteria, after our calculus lecture. Sibahle was having a cookie with milkshake while I was having my usual fix of strong black coffee

"I can't believe you would have the same thing every time when you have so many options to choose from", she commented as she looked at me taking a sip of my coffee while she took a sip of her bubble gum flavored milkshake. She always tried something new on the menu.

"Well, I enjoy having a routine or something that I do ritually, it kind of makes me feel grounded and centered. Even if it is something as small as having a cup of coffee exactly the way I like it. I don't know, it's weird", I said as I placed my coffee down.

"Ooh deep! How did you just make drinking coffee sound so profound?" she said with a smirk on her face as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Now back to the important stuff, my house tomorrow at 6pm sharp. We could grab something to eat before we start our study session. You could either sleep over or I could bring you back to campus afterwards, your choice. Just don't make me come for you and drag you from here, because I will," she declared decisively as she stared me down as if daring me to say something contrary to what she just laid down.

"Ooh, bossy much?" I said weakly, realizing that she had won me over, but I wasn't intending to go down without a little fight.

"Why is the world so intent on labeling every woman who is not confused about what she wants as bossy, difficult, angry or headstrong! And yet when a man shows the same traits he is praised and considered to be driven, a great leader and a visionary?", she pondered suddenly with a serious look on her face.

"That my friend is a question of the century and the reason why words such as double standards and patriarchy exist." I said as I smiled at her. This was what I loved about her, her depth and range. You could find her arguing about milkshakes one minute and about patriarchy the next without losing her breath.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"So what would you like to have?" Sibahle asked as she opened a drawer in the kitchen counter where they store the menus of different food outlets.

It was a Saturday evening and I had just arrived at their house for our tutoring session with her brother. I was dressed comfortably in leggings and oversized tee, with my braided hair up in a messy bun.