TO THE NIGHT WE WON'T REMEMBER!

I walked into the lobby and looked around.
I immediately spotted Kai leaning against the reception counter.

He was dressed in a black shirt with the sleeves rolled up, paired with black jeans and white sneakers.
He looked sharp and handsome.

He didn't notice me approaching, as I crossed the floor towards him since he was engrossed in a conversation with Lebo, one of the girls from our swimming team.
Kai has this thing where he listens to you with his whole body when conversing with you. Like what you're saying in the moment is the most important thing in the world.

He could easily make anyone he was talking to feel like they were the only person in the room.

And by the way he was leaning towards Lebo, I could tell he was unintentionally giving her that feeling that I've come to know so well by now.

It looked like almost everyone from our team was in the lobby, waiting for their transport to the club.

"Wow Arie! you look great." A voice boomed just behind me, halting my progress.

I turned around and came face to  face with Sage.
He was with a couple of other guys from our team.

" Hey SJ, thank you," I said as I gave him a little mock curtsy.

"you don't look too shabby yourself." I said beaming up at him, and actually meaning it.
He cleaned up really good.

He closed the distance between us, and before I knew it, he caught me by my wrist and twirled me around and did a small dip before setting me back on my feet.

The guys laughed and catcalled around us.

I laughed  rolling my eyes at him as I placed my other hand on his shoulder to steady myself.

" You could have dropped me," I chided.

"Well, at least that would have meant that I was not the only one falling tonight, " he said as he smiled down at me .

"You are such a flirt," I laughed pushing against him and wriggling out of his hold.

He smiled and released his hold on my wrist, "Are you guys ready to go now? our Uber is outside."

Before I could answer, I felt a presence beside me.
I looked up to see Malakai standing next to me.

"Hey you," I smiled at him and moved to give him a hug.

He held me flush against his body, and maybe a minute longer than it was necessary. But I wasn't complaining because he smelled just as as good as he looked.

I stepped out of the hug and did a quick introduction,
"Kai this is SJ, Ross, Theo and Pako. Guys, this is my friend Kai."

They did that whole guys handshake and backslap thingy.

I turned to Sage,
"I will be going with Kai tonight, meet you guys there?"

"Sure," he said as he looked between us.

"Are you ready to go," Kai asked as he looked down at me.
I just nodded.
We made our way towards the exit as he placed his hand on the small of my back.

"It was nice to meet you guys," he called over his shoulder.

Malakai open the passenger seat to his Jeep and held out his hand to help me up.
The car was quite high and it was a tricky task to climb up with my high heels on.

"I didn't know that you were such a gentleman," I teased as I settled in and he closed the door before walking to the driver's side.

"Considering that this is our first 'non date' date as friends with chemistry, I was thinking of doing the whole shebang.
I was thinking maybe even flowers, but decided last minute that it would probably be an overkill." He said with a smile as he looked at me.