JUST FINDING OUT HOW UNDENIABLE THIS CHEMISTRY IS

"I think I need more of the chocolate sauce." Malakai said as he continued to heap more extra toppings into his ice cream cup.

We were currently at Marcel's getting ice cream.

I looked at the mess that was his cup .

"That should be illegal! How can anyone make ice cream look so disgusting?" I said as I scrunched my face in mock disgust .

" Well, you call it disgusting and I call it art."

"Please, never insult art like that again"

I said as I added a few dried strawberries on top of my extra large cup of chocolate and mint flavoured ice cream.

He paid for the ice creams, and we chose the high stools by the window that faced outside as we sat side by side.

"Do you wanna taste it?"

"Hell no! Keep that disgusting mess away from me" I said as I pushed away his offered spoon.

"But it is not as bad as it looks, it actually taste pretty good," he said with a twinkle in his eyes as he laughed at my blatant disgust.

"Nope, I will still take a hard pass." I said as a smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

His playful energy was infectious.

" Fine, a loss for your taste buds then," he said as he placed the spoon in his mouth.

We fell silent as we ate the ice cream. It wasn't the awkward kind of silence.

It was around 4pm, the swimming competition ended about 2 hours ago .

The whole swimming team was booked to stay the weekend at the Mondior Hotel, and we were traveling back early morning the next day.

"So what are your plans tonight?"

" Ummh... The usual I guess. What about you, are you driving back tonight?" I said turning to look at him .

" What does 'the usual' entails?"
He asked totally ignoring my question.

" Well, the whole team usually just hang out together after a competition. We eat, then go out to see what the city has to offer and find any excuse to get wasted."

" Ooh, but what are your plans?"

"I just told you what my plans are"

" But you don't drink," he said

" But I can still have fun out with everyone without drinking," I countered.

He kept quiet and looked to be deep in his thoughts for a while.

"So the guys from your team are coming along too?" He asked.

"Yep, the whole team. It's a thing we do all the time" I replied, confused by the sudden direction of the conversation.

"So are you driving back tonight?" I asked again.

" No, I am staying in one of my dad's townhouse," he responded still not looking at me .

" Okay, so what are your plans for tonight?"

He suddenly looked up and stared into my eyes,
"You are my plans for tonight,"
He said simply.

"Ummh, yah right," I said with an incredulous laugh .

"I already told you that I came to see you." He said as he continued to pin me with his stare.
I squirmed in my seat suddenly uncomfortable .
For the life of me, I couldn't come up with anything to deflect or downplay the effects of his words to make the moment lighter .