SO YOU ARE JEALOUS?

Kai's POV

I somehow managed to convince Arie to come back with me to my place.
Not one of my greatest ideas, because first of all; I have an exam early in the morning the next day.
Even though I have done enough studying, I still need to do a few touch ups.
Secondly, my brain turns to short circuit whenever I am around her and tonight I happen to need all of my brain faculties functioning well.

So all in all, terrible idea.
But I am still excited to have her in my room right now padding around barefoot.
A very worthy and welcomed distraction.

I arrange my study notes and switch on my Pc.

We haven't talked freely like we usually do since we got back.

I can't help but feel like she is low key mad at me for shooting down her idea to adopt a puppy. Which is crazy because she wanted to impulsively do something that needed to be thought through.
I wasn't going to encourage that.

I, on the other hand I am a little frustrated at the irrational jealousy that I felt when she talked to that guy from her swimming team.
I can't help but feel like the guy definitely wants more than just to 'chat' with her.
I get blinded by rage every time I see him lay either his eyes or hands on her.

It's irrational because I don't have a claim on her, even if I did, I just can't go around ordering her who she can and can't talk to. I am frustrated because I understand this, but it seems like my heart is a little bit slow in catching up. Or maybe it is too forward or plain stupid . I don't know.

I turn around to find her folding her arms, in a stance that definitely indicate that she is mad.

I let out a rush of air through my mouth as I sigh and walk towards her.

"Why are you mad?" I ask standing in front of her.
"I am not mad," she states still maintaining her rigid posture.

"But you ain't happy either. Do I make you uncomfortable ? I can drive you back to campus now."

"No it's not that," she says as she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"I just felt so helpless there at the pet shelter, not being able to do anything for that puppy. I just know how it feels like to be unwanted and to wait hopefully day in and day out hoping that someone will like you enough to take you home."
She breathes, her eyes suddenly filling with tears.

" I was adopted. I know it sounds stupid, but I felt like I could understand how that puppy felt. My savior complex was triggered by the whole situation," she explains as the tears now spill down her cheeks.

I just stand there stupidly for a second not knowing what to say or do. This is the first time she shared something so vulnerable about herself.

I collect her into my arms and squeeze her into a hug.

"I am sorry that I was a jerk and insensitive about it. I didn't know that it meant so much to you," I murmur into her hair.

" it's okay. As much as I hate to say it, everything that you said was reasonable and it made sense. I would have just made things worse if I adopted it out of whim and couldn't provide a safe environment for it."

We stay like that for a while until she pushes against me and looks up at me.

"Okay, now it's your turn to share. Why are you all sour and moody."

"I am neither moody or sour," I state.

She just gives me a look that lets me know that she is not buying it.

"Does this has to do with Sage?" She asks.

I contemplate her question for a bit, trying to find the right words to say,