THEY ARE CALLED 'WEIRD' FETISHES FOR A REASON

"Ooh, there you are. I was starting to think that maybe you moved out or something", Sammy exclaimed as she walked into our room.

It was a Friday afternoon and I was sprawled on the bed busy typing away on my phone.

"Hey roomie!" I was genuinely happy to see her. I put my phone down and got up to give her a hug.

I have been quite busy, spending most of my time at the library doing late nights studying with Siba. If we are not at the library, we are usually at her house being tutored by her brother or just hanging out.

I must admit, I have been spending a little bit too much time at Siba's house, sleeping over most nights.

They had a guest room which I was supposed to be sleeping in, but most times I just ended up sleeping in Siba's room sharing her big queen sized bed with her.

Most mornings that I stayed over, Malakai has made us his blueberry pancakes, which I had to admit tasted great.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a complete sucker for men who can cook.

Like, it's just a basic survival skill girl, calm down!

What can I say, they are called 'weird' fetishes for a reason, so let a girl catch a break.

Seeing him moving around the kitchen with ease like he is in his element improved my whole outlook of him.

Even though he was still a weirdo and we tend to run into each other in the most chaotic ways, I have to admit that he was actually not a complete lost cause.

I got to see how much of an amazing brother he is to his sister. Going out of his way to help her with the classes that she struggled with even though he also had a ton of his own school work to do, plus volunteering at math clinic. On top of that he spent what was left of his time doing FOREX trading, and by the looks of it, he was doing so well.

"The prodigal daughter is back home, I missed us." I said as I released her and plopped back on my bed.

"Well, even though it is good to have you back and would like to hang out, I got plans tonight", she replied with a smile as placed her tote bag on her study desk and sat down on the bed to take off her converse sneakers.

She was dressed in a plain white T-shirt and black jeans, her hair was held up in a ponytail by a pink scrunchie.

"Ooh exciting! What kind of plans?" I asked excitedly as I flopped on my belly and cupped my chin in my hands as I looked at her.

"Did your 'mystery guy' finally work up the guts to ask you out on a date?"

"No, he didn't exactly ask me out. But he invited me to hang out with a couple of his friends for a game night," she replied.

"Okay, that's progress, we will take it. Anyway, the last time he said that there was a girl he liked, did he tell you who the girl was or was that his lousy way of hinting that he likes you?"

An emotion I couldn't quite read crossed her face and disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared before I could process it.

"Ummh, not really. He just dropped the whole conversation and I didn't want to press him for answers. Didn't want to come off as desperate or something." She said as she wrapped a towel around her.

My phone pinged, indicating that I just received a message.

I picked it from my bed where I had left it.

"Oh-oh, who are you talking to that got you smiling like a Cheshire cat ?"

"It's not like that, I am talking to Malakai, he is just being his weird self." I said dismissively.