YOUR WISH MY COMMAND SIR

"You know I am not drunk right?"
Kai said, looking sideways at me from the passenger seat.

"Said every drunk in the history of drunks." I retorted sarcastically.

We were currently seated in his car outside the club.
With me in the driver's seat while I fiddled with the GPS typing in his address.

It turned out that Sage's brother owned the club that we ended up at tonight.

Sage reassured us that it was okay, we could leave as he went with his brother into office.
He promised that everything will be handled and that he would update us in the morning .
It was a little past midnight and I was more than happy to call it a night.

"I am perfectly capable of driving. I can drop you off at the hotel."
Kai said rubbing a hand across his face the way only a guy can.

"Not happening, I am not about to become a statistic of drunken drivers."

We had decided that I was dropping him off and  taking an uber from his place back to the hotel, and I was sticking to the plan.

" I am not comfortable with the idea of you traveling so late at night on a Saturday"

"Technically, it's Sunday morning," I said as I threw him a quick smile as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"How about you sleep in the guest bedroom and then I can drop you off at the hotel in the morning," he asked as we pulled up in front of his house.

It wasn't such a bad idea.
I mean, we have slept in the same house before. The only difference is that this time around it will be the only two of us, without Siba in the next room.

But that will mean I have to be up too early to be on time to leave with the rest of the team.

" Arie, I promise I won't try anything funny. "
He said when he saw that I took a while to respond.

"Or maybe you won't have to drop me off in the morning, we could travel back together. I will let coach know."

He looked at me and blinked.
It was like he couldn't believe what he just heard.

A smile split his face in half,
"You can do that?"

"Yes, it is the most efficient solution at the moment"

"And maybe we can cuddle too?"
He said with humour in his voice.

"Don't push it."

I warned as I took out my phone.

I sent a quick text to Lesh letting her know that I wasn't coming back tonight and that she should take my bag with her.
The next text was to coach, letting her know that I won't be traveling back with the team.

I was tired, emotionally drained and in daire need of sleep.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
When I woke up, there was light slipping through the space between the blinds and the sound of soft rain against the windows.
I rolled over as I inhaled the fresh citrus smell of the pillow that my head was currently burried in.

I could just lay like this forever, but I was pressed and needed to pee.

I knew the general direction of the bathroom since I took a quick shower before I went to bed the previous night.

Kai had borrowed me his T-shirt for me to sleep in. It was baggy and came just above my knees.

The town house consisted of two bedrooms, a shared bathroom, a kitchen and a living room.
It was spacious yet small enough to make the space feel intimate.