I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR ONLY FAVORITE VIEW

"Hello," I rolled on my back as I  pressed the phone to my ear without bothering to look at the caller ID, my voice sounding grainy and scratchy from the deep sleep that I just woke up from.

"Hey."

I couldn't help the smile that suddenly lit up my face at the sound of his voice.
I rolled on my belly and faced away from Siba who was sleeping next to me.

Unlike her queen sized bed, my bed was narrow and we were almost plastered together.

She made a sound in her throat to indicate her irritation at me disturbing her sleep.

"What's up?" I whispered into the phone.

I was actually surprised that he had called, we usually gave each other heads up before we call or we just text.

"Why are you whispering?"

"Siba is sleeping next to me."

It has been a couple of hours since we finished writing our Calculus paper. Right after the exam, we came straight to my room for a nap.
It was like I have been walking on a tight rope for the past few days due to the anticipation, once we were done with the paper it felt like all the adrenaline left my body and now I feel deflated and exhausted.

" Ooh..."
He said hesitantly.
"You were not responding to my texts. Are you okay? How was the exam?"

"Sorry, I haven't been on my phone since this morning...Ouch!"
I suddenly screeched as Siba jabbed her elbow into my ribs.

If there was one thing I've learnt about this girl, she loves her sleep!
Plus, she will be pulling an all nighter studying today at the library, so I understand, she is trying to get as much hours of sleep as possible before then. But she didn't have to be so mean about it.

"Hold on." I softly spoke into the phone as I got up and walked out into the common room for our dorm.

Someone had left the Tv on and an episode of Friends
is playing softly in the background. I smile when I realize that it is the one where Ross walks into Joey and Rachael kissing. He keeps trying to reassure them that he is 'Fine' but his voice becomes all squeaky and keeps on rising an octave higher, he looks anything but fine and it is hilarious.

I sit down on the window seat overlooking the garden below.
The sun was low on the sky, and the mixture of the orange and pink hues from the rays looked magnificent.

I sighed blissfully at the sight before me, forgetting for a second that Kai was on the line.

"Are you still there?" He asked.

"Sorry, I was so taken by the view that for a minute I forgot you were there " I sighed again as I nestled into the cushion and leaned against the window frame .

"I am offended, I thought I was your only favorite view." I could literally hear the smirk in his voice.
I laughed out loud and rolled my eyes,
"Well, you thought wrong sir. The only views I am into are sunsets, sunrises and puppies only. Nothing else for my innocent eyes."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really." I countered.

My phone pinged indicating a new notification.
It was a video call request from Kai.
My smile widened as I clicked the accept button.

"So what is it that you were saying about your favorite view again?" He asked, filling my screen a smirk plastered on his face.

He is shirtless and his hair is wet, like he just got out of the shower.
I greedily take him in as I rake my eyes down his ripped torso. He holds his phone futher away from him to give me a better view.
His six pack looks so defined as it gives way to the low v on his abdomen that disappears into the low hanging sweat pants.
There are droplets of water on him making his skin to glisten.
It should be illegal for anyone to look this yummy.