LET'S SKINNY DIP.

"My legs hurt!" I grumbled.
"How far do we have to keep on climbing?"

"Just a little bit more. I promise it will be worth it."

It was a Saturday morning, Malakai had picked me up at the crack of dawn from my dorm for our 'hanging out'.
That's why you find me here, breathless and panting heavily from climbing hills before the sun even comes up.
I swear this dude has a very twisted definition of fun.

He stopped when he heard my wheezing and held his hand out for me as he smiled to himself and shook his head.
In his other hand was a picnic basket.

I might have been exaggerating a bit, because the climb wasn't that steep and I was definitely not out of shape.
So my wheezing was just for show.

This was the first time we were hanging out since the Joburg trip.
So I had expected that we would probably do something chill and laid back.

As we turned a corner, I opened my mouth to complain, but the complaint stayed logged in my throat as my jaws hit the floor in amazement at the view before me.

I was stunned to silence as I looked around me.

We were now standing on a wide raised flat stone that overlooked the vast blue water of the ocean below.
On the face of the hill,
there was water flowing down from the overhanging smooth stones creating what almost looked like a soft waterfall. The water was flowing into what looked like a small lake.

There was small vegetation of colourful flowers and some green plants dotted around the lake.
The rocks surrounding the area were covered in green moss from the constant dripping water.

The only sound was from the soft waterfall, chirping birds and of the waves as they crashed on the rocks below.

It was so surreal and almost ethereal.
Like I have been transported into some fantasyland.
I wouldn't be too surprised if that lion from The chronicles of Narnia suddenly appeared and welcomed me to some fantasy kingdom.

Here I was, standing on a place that can only be explained as a piece of heaven on earth. I thought, this is exactly what I expect heaven to look like one day when I die, or else there is no resting in peace for me, I am coming down to haunt everyone.

"What do you think?"
I turned to Malakai and found him watching me with a smile on his face.
I closed my mouth which had been hanging wide open the entire time.

"This is..."
"Heaven." He said completing my thought .
"That's exactly what I thought the first time I stumbled onto it. But it is about to get even better."

He said as he pointed out towards the sea. The sun was just coming up and the different shades of orange against the water were just breathtaking.

This whole thing was just creating a sensory overload for me in all the good ways.
I couldn't help the catch in my throat as I looked around me.

"Thanks for showing me this."
I said with emotion in my voice.

"It is my secret spot," he said searching my eyes.

"Do you mean where you bring all your dates? I guess it works like charm all the time."

"Oh, so this what this is, a date?"
He asked with smirk on his face.

"That's not what I meant." I said in defense as he laughed at my sudden discomfort.

" And no, you are the first person I ever brought to this place." He said with his penetrating stare on my face.

I turned away first as I started to feel the tension that is always present whenever we are in the same space started to soar.

"Thank you for sharing your secret spot with me." I said trying to break the sudden loaded silence.