04 | A Christmas Miracle

"Move

"Move." August moved his head in the opposite direction to dodge his father's kiss which made him laugh, knowing that he now had an attitude.

"How you gon' ask me to spend the day with me and get mad when I wake you up?" Dayvon kissed his face anyway, then finished rubbing Vaseline in on his skin.

"I ain't say it's time to get up this early." He smartly remarked but with incorrect grammar, causing Dayvon to shake his head with a smile.

August looked down at his iPad that was playing Ryan's Toy Review to keep himself occupied while his dad finished getting him ready for the day. He loved dressing his son up since he was quite literally a mini version of himself.

Today was Christmas Eve and both Dayvon and August were big fans of the holidays. They loved the Christmas season the most. It was especially fun for August because he still believed in Santa Clause and was always excited to see the gifts he could fit down the chimney.

That made it fun for Dayvon as well. He tried to show himself up every year with gifts. Everything that was on August's Christmas wishlist, he got, plus more from other members of both sides of his family.

Dayvon always took off on holidays to make sure he spent them with his son. He would never put his job over August. He came first, over everything.

So, the plan for today was to stop by the mall to let August pick out a few last minute gifts, head to the Ice Resort downtown to spend a couple hours there before lastly going to holiday night service at the church.

"Baby, y'all ready?" Jasmine entered the bathroom that was connected to August's room, causing Dayvon to turn his head in her direction.

"Just about. He look good, ain't it?" He dusted August's hoodie off after setting him down on his feet.

August was dressed in a white Nike hoodie with the match sweats, black Balenciaga sock sneakers that matched the Nike logo on his outfit, and a black beanie over his locs so that his ears wouldn't get cold. He also had a black puffer over his hoodie because it was only supposed to be 43 degrees today.

"Yeah. Look just like yo' ass." She snickered at how he only knew to dress August up the same way he'd dress himself. They were always twinning.

"Lil' dude fresh as hell. Gimme some." He held his hand out, and August hit his fist against his to give him dap.

"I love you boy." Dayvon leaned down to kiss his cheek.

"I love you too daddy but I just washed my face." August frowned at him while wiping his face off in disgust, which made Dayvon roll his eyes with a smile.

"Go put some snacks in yo' bag so we can go." Dayvon held his backpack out to him, and August took it before heading towards the front of the house.

"You look good baby." He then tilted his head down to kiss Jasmine's forehead after taking a look over her outfit.