20 | One, Two, Three

Dayvon's left leg shook at a speed that quickened by the minute, matching the same pace that his heart raced at

Dayvon's left leg shook at a speed that quickened by the minute, matching the same pace that his heart raced at. He couldn't stay still to save his life. He tried pacing the hospital waiting room but that seemed to piss him off more than it calmed him down.

He was currently in the labor and delivery department of the hospital with Hazel, Aspen, and August, waiting to get an update on Autumn. They'd been here for over an hour already.

When they left the venue, everything appeared to be fine-granted that Autumn was literally in labor. She did the breathing exercises recommended by her doctor for a while, but by the time they arrived at the hospital, everything changed.

Autumn's blood pressure shot through the roof, her heart rate dropped and she experienced a brief seizure as soon as they walked through the doors. It all happened so quickly, neither of them saw it coming.

Dayvon was trying his hardest not to panic but it was quite the task since nobody was telling him anything. He'd been praying nonstop that Autumn and all three of the babies were fine. He hoped now more than ever that God was listening.

"Mr. Banks?" A feminine voice came from the entrance to the waiting room, and he wasted no time to stand up, as did Hazel and Aspen too.

"That's me. My girl ok?" He asked in a slight shuddering voice.

"We've stabilized her, she's alright, and all three babies are as well." She started off, and Dayvon ran both of his hands down his face in relief.

Dr. Davis waited until the family finished hugging one another to continue, not wanting to interrupt their moment. She'd been telling bad news all day, so it made her happy to finally share something good.

"She was in labor though? What happened? She had them?" Dayvon then asked; he couldn't deny that he'd be a bit upset if they hadn't allowed him to be in the room while she was giving birth. He wanted to be there with her.

"Yes, she's in labor. The middle stages though, so no, she has not given birth yet. The babies will need to be birthed by a cesarean section, asap. We have her prepped to do it within the hour but she's resting at the moment. The labor pains are strenuous and she needs a few minutes to recover."

"We've given her spinal anesthesia to make sure she can stay awake during her c-section and still allow it to be painless for her. She's in room 212. Please be calm and as quiet as you can so that we can keep her heart rate steady." Dr. Davis pointed down the hall, and they thanked her before heading in that direction.

Hazel and Aspen remained outside of the room while Dayvon went in first to make sure she was ok with them all being in there with her at once. They didn't want to overwhelm her, especially after what'd just happened.

When he walked inside, Autumn appeared to be sleeping against the mountain of pillows supporting her back. Then, he gently grabbed her hand and her eyes slowly fluttered open seconds later.