13 | Happy Valentines Day

"Damn twin

"Damn twin. You burning the bacon." Dayvon quickly took the pan off of the stove, seeing the bacon had shriveled up to less than an inch long and the normally reddish color was now black.

"I no know how to cook!" August threw his hands up in frustration. He didn't know why he'd been put in charge of making the bacon anyway.

"Daddy, the toast!" He then pointed to the toaster that was heavily smoking, causing Dayvon to rush to unplug it as the scent of burnt bread filled the air. It smelled nothing like when Autumn cooked breakfast for them.

Speaking of Autumn, she walked into the kitchen with only an oversized shirt on, with her arms folded across her chest. The kitchen was a mess. There were ingredients everywhere; pancake batter all over the counters, egg shells on the floor, opened jars of grape and strawberry jam near the fridge. Not to mention all of the dishes in the sink.

"What are y'all doing?" She made her presence known, and both of their heads snapped in her direction.

"Darn it." August muttered since the surprise was now ruined, and that made Dayvon laugh. He genuinely seemed upset.

"We was tryna wake you up with breakfast ma. That shit ain't really work out though." He chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"Uh-huh. How did y'all use so many dishes but nothing's even made?" She questioned curiously, making Dayvon glance at the sink full of dishes.

"You know, that's a good question. I really don't remember how half that shit got in there." His hand lowered to rub his neck, putting a smile on Autumn's face.

"Mm. Well, how about y'all go shower and I'll make breakfast? You know, like I do every morning." She tilted her head to the side, unsure of why they even attempted to do something they clearly weren't capable of.

"Sounds good to me mommy. And, don't forget my French toast with whip cream, ok?" August climbed off of the bar stool that he previously stood on, and Autumn nodded her head with a smile.

"Go run him a bath Von. I got it." She gestured for him to move away from the sink after he turned the tap on. He watched her take over washing the dishes, and she didn't even seem upset.

He knew that if he was woke up out of his sleep from an overwhelming burning smell, then had to wash a sink full of dishes that he didn't mess up and remake breakfast, he would've been pissed.

"Happy Valentine's Day mama." His arms slid around her waist from behind as he leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you. I almost forgot. Is that why y'all were trying to make me breakfast?" She smiled, being reminded of what day it was.