21 | Justin's Daughter

"Autumn shut upppp

"Autumn shut upppp." India laughed, throwing a small blush pink pillow in her direction.

"I'm talking Indiaaaa, I wanna do everything under the sun. I wanna do everything just one on one." Autumn sung along to Durk's song that played from the Bluetooth speaker on the coffee table, swaying her hips.

"Ain't have relationships since 09'," India caved in and sung with her, causing both girls to fall out in laughter.

The two of them were currently in Autumn's center, officially named and registered as Bridge to Bright Futures. It was in the end stages of the development process, and her opening day was planned for next month. She couldn't wait.

Thanks to the money she raised from her fundraiser-over three million dollars-it was built quicker than she imagined. The contractors were being paid top dollar, so of course they were moving fast. Everything was coming out perfect, too.

Since the day of her own release, Autumn had been dreaming of the moment she'd be able to give people in her prior position another chance at life; the same chance she'd been given. It felt so good executing the dream that God had bestowed upon her.

"It's the hospital." India held up Autumn's phone since she was closest to it after the music paused from the call.

"Oh my goddd. I think they gone let me get my babies!" She happily grabbed it from her once she held it out, wasting no time to answer.

"Hi, is this Autumn Osama?"

"Yes. This is she."

"Good morning! This is Sarah, I'm calling from Methodist West to inform you that Winter, Sky, and Ash are ready to be discharged if you are. How would you like to move forward?" She asked, and Autumn did a mini happy dance with India.

"Can I come now? Or do I have to wait until visiting hours?" Autumn stopped jumping so that her voice would appear normal, and India laughed because that didn't help at all.

"Yes, you can come now. We will have their paperwork and bags ready."

"Thank you so much!" She ended the call, then began to excitedly scream while sprinting across her office.

When Autumn gave birth, she expected her babies to only have to be in the hospital for a little while since the doctors claimed they were mostly healthy. That little while because two months after a small and stressful breakout of coronavirus in the labor and delivery unit.

It killed her to have to go home every night at nine in the evening without her babies, and she had to wait until ten the next day to go back and see them. She cried damn near every night before bed, and it hurt Dayvon's feelings since he couldn't do anything to fix it.

Getting this call meant the world to her. There was nothing more that she wanted than them home with her, where they belonged.

"Autumn you cheating!" India laughed again, now racing Autumn to the other side of the hallway where Dayvon and Durk were painting the children's playroom-or supposed to be, anyway.