11 | Trust Who?

Dayvon turned in his sleep to pull Autumn and August closer, only to grasp air in his hand

Dayvon turned in his sleep to pull Autumn and August closer, only to grasp air in his hand. His eyes then popped open at the sound of cries of agony which caused him to get out of the bed faster than his legs were prepared for.

He searched the house for August, feeling his heart start to race as every room came up empty.

Following the sound of the cry, Dayvon headed towards August's connected bathroom, and opened the door to see him hiding behind the counter drawer, still screaming to the top of his lungs.

He could see Autumn laid out on the floor with an empty bottle of what used to contain Xanax in her hand. There were deep cuts in her wrist, and the bloody knife that caused them was still in her other hand as well.

"Daddy!" August screamed, reaching out to him for help. Dayvon tried hard to grab him, but it felt as if his body physically couldn't move. His heart was pumping so hard he thought it would explode, and the tears in his eyes burned his corneas, but wouldn't fall down his face.

His feet seemed to be sealed in the tile floor, as if he'd gotten stuck there during construction. August continued to scream out for him, wailing at this point.

"Shit." Dayvon popped up from the bed, his heart still racing in his chest. The sheets stuck to his skin for a few seconds due to the sweat coating his back, so he had to physically remove them from his body.

August and Autumn were no longer in the bed with him, and he could still hear August's screams from his dream, except it wasn't out of pain. He was laughing. Laughing so hard that he could barely breathe.

"Man, fuck." He ran his hands down his face, trying to calm himself down. He'd never had a dream feel that real before.

He went to go wash his face and brush his teeth to fully wake up, realizing it was time for him to start getting ready for work anyway. Before he did, he went to August's bedroom, where the laughter was previously coming from.

Leaning against the doorway to August's bathroom, Dayvon could see Autumn sitting on the tub side while August sat between her legs, currently getting his hair retwisted. There was still a smile lingering on his face, causing a small one to spread across Dayvon's as well.

"Hey. I was gonna wake you up at seven like you said." Autumn tilted her head back as he greeted her with a kiss, keeping his lips pressed against hers for a few seconds.

"Everything okay?" There was concern in her eyes as she moved his dreads out of the way to get a better look at him.

"Yeah ma. You feeling okay?" He returned the question, sitting down beside her.

Last night, Autumn cried herself to sleep after reflecting on Jasmine's words from earlier in the day. There weren't any TV's on at the time, so she heard everything that was said as clear as day. It really hurt her feelings.