18 | Moving Day

"I really need you to eat something ma

"I really need you to eat something ma. Just eat the fries if you don't want the sandwich." Dayvon turned his body in the chair to face Autumn with a small frown on his face.

He was trying not to get frustrated but it was hard not to. They'd had a long day today and still had a long ways to go until the day ended, and the last thing he needed was to be stressed out over Autumn unintentionally starving herself and the three babies she carried.

He knew that it wasn't her fault that her appetite was all out of whack but it drove him crazy to think about one of the babies not making it due to not getting the nutrients they needed from the food that Autumn ate.

"That stuff makes me nauseous Dayvon. I don't want it. Stop asking me to eat it." Autumn said for the umpteenth time since they'd been sitting in this airport. It was going on the third hour of their layover and this was his tenth time asking her to eat Chic Fil A.

She understood that he was trying to help but she'd said no a hundred times already. Her babies hated Chic Fil A, and unfortunately that was literally one of the only fast food chains that Autumn liked.

"Ma she not eating shit. It's like she don't give a f-I'm sorry for cussing-but she don't care about whether my kids eat or not. I'm tryna help." Dayvon's tone was full of irritation after Hazel pulled him away from Autumn, seeing how equally irritated her daughter was.

"You know she gets sick every time she eats Chick Fil A-,"

"What I'm 'posed to do? She hate taco bell, they don't have a McDonald's, and she don't eat Wendy's either." He interrupted her, and then apologized for that too.

"Go and check one of these convenience stores and see if they have any fruit. She won't pass that up." She suggested, causing the frown on his face to slowly disappear. He nodded in response without giving a rebuttal, turning to walk in the opposite direction.

It slipped his mind that some convenience stores, like 7-Eleven, often carried fruit cups as well.

Of course buying her fruit was his first choice, but the Chic Fil A in this airport didn't offer the fruit cups she normally got-which was stupid to him-and they didn't have the breakfast parfaits she liked either.

He thought the fruit that he'd packed in a insulated bag would last until they landed in Houston later tonight, but he wasn't expecting them to be on an estimated seven hour layover due to the weather conditions. Their original flight was only supposed to have a half hour layover.

They were currently stuck in Tulsa, Oklahoma, because of two nearby tornados that knocked out the electricity. Apparently the maintenance crew were working on it, but over twenty flight had already been delayed.

People in the airport were now rowdy and yelling about how they'd better be reimbursed for missing their flights, how it was too cold since the heaters weren't working, and how the lines at the restaurants and bathrooms were too long.