05 | Happy Birthday, August

"You over twice the legal limit

"You over twice the legal limit. Yo' ass goin' to jail tonight." Dayvon tightened the cuffs around the man's wrists, making sure that he still had a bit of room left so that bruises wouldn't form.

"Twice in legal minute?!" He exclaimed with genuine confusion, but got in the back of the truck anyway since he knew he was drunker than drunk could be.

"You good to go." Dayvon hit the back of the truck, then pulled his mini size of hand sanitizer out of his front pocket.

He didn't understand how people could get drunk so early in the morning. It wasn't even noon yet and that man was had just been caught finishing his twelfth beer. Then, he had the nerve to drive while drinking it. Dayvon hated drunk drivers.

That was actually the second drunk person he'd arrested today. Besides that, today had been a slow day. He was thankful for that because his day would get extremely busy as soon as he got off since it was August's birthday today.

He'd lowkey been looking forward to this day-probably even more than August had-only because he wanted to see if Autumn was really sober and if she'd show up for the party August was having in his class today. He hoped she would because it was all that August had been talking about.

And surprisingly, she really had called him every day since their first call two weeks ago. He would spend hours on the phone with her at a time. He'd tell her all about his day and then he'd talk her ear off about everything else under the sun.

His behavior has improved tremendously since talking to Autumn, too. His teacher even sent him home with a goodie bag yesterday because he was the star student of the day. Dayvon was so proud of him.

"Jasmine, you ready?" Dayvon walked into the house two hours later and locked the door behind him.

"Boy you ain't even ready yet!" She called from the bedroom, and he laughed since that was true.

He pulled his utility belt from around his waist at the same time that he walked in their bedroom, seeing Jasmine standing in the bathroom mirror with a eyeshadow palette in her hand.

"You was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago. We gon' be late." She shook her head at him, knowing that he still needed to shower.

"Uhun. I'ma be quick. Ion got time to hear his mouth." He chuckled, already undressed. He stepped into the shower, closed the glass door and turned the knob towards the left to get the hot water.

He spent a few minutes inside before rushing to rub his body down in men's sandalwood lotion, and then finally, he got dressed. Since he knew they'd be busy today, he wore a simple outfit that he would be able to move around in.

There was a white muscle shirt underneath his gray acid washed Hellstar sweatshirt, paired with a regular pair of jeans and cool gray Jordan 11s. He accessorized his look with a diamond Rolex watch and two stud earrings.