14 | Three's A Crowd

"Man, what you doing? Lay down ma

"Man, what you doing? Lay down ma." Dayvon spoke while half asleep, unable to lay on Autumn's chest since she was now sitting up in the bed with her legs folded crisscrossed.

She was about to mention the fact that it was almost two in the afternoon which meant he should've been awake by now anyway, but then she remembered the sixteen hour shift he did that ended around eleven last night. He didn't make it home until midnight and he'd been asleep ever since.

Instead of responding, she laid back down in her previous spot, allowing him to cuddle up against her again. He pulled the cover over his shoulders and made himself comfortable on her chest, resting his hand between her legs to keep it warm.

It was still pitch black in his bedroom even though it was the middle of the day, thanks to his blackout curtains, so he dozed back off in no time. Autumn's left hand rubbed through his scalp as he slept, and she put her attention back on her iPad.

She opened up the front camera to look at him, seeing the small pout his plump lips naturally rested in. His lips were probably her favorite thing about his physical appearance after his jawline. They were both just so prominent. She loved his face.

She favored his eyes, as well. They were ordinary color wise-the typical dark brown-but they were always full of so much love and sincerity whenever he looked at her, whether he was upset or not. They've remained the same since she'd met him.

At times, Autumn couldn't believe that he still chose her after all these years. Just like Jasmine, Autumn didn't understand why she was so special to him. She didn't know what Dayvon's infatuation was with her, and sometimes it seemed like he didn't know either.

What he did know was, she gave him a feeling that no one else could. Usually it's the other way around, but Dayvon always felt so safe when he was with her. It was as if no harm could come his way because she was like his guardian angel. The sweetest, most beautiful angel he'd ever seen.

"Wassup ma, you good?" He mumbled, grabbing her face to kiss her back after being woken up by her lips.

"I didn't mean to wake you up. I just love you." She spoke in the same quiet tone as him, watching his eyes slowly open to look at her.

"I love you more. You good?" He asked again, and she nodded her head with a small smile. Her eyes followed him as he raised up from the bed, stretching his body out once he was on his feet.

Autumn was finally able to sit up against the headboard again while he went to the bathroom to freshen up, and she grabbed her bowl of mixed fruit off of the nightstand to occupy herself until he came back.

"Why you keep moving?" He had a frown on his face when he walked back in the bedroom a few minutes later.

"I don't wanna lay down Von. Is that okay with you?" She smiled at him as she took a bite out of a strawberry that was dipped in cool whip.