6

Her head was killing her, was that ever going to go away? She felt the hot water spray down on her naked body as she sat in the shower. She felt awful. Her expression was.. glum. Bags under her eyes. She couldn't believe she was still here and with the biggest asshole ever, in her head. Ever since she took those pills, he has left her alone. Which she's thankful for. She doesn't have the energy to deal with him.

She sighed, rubbing her swollen eyes before reaching up and turning off the shower. She stood up, stumbling a bit but managing to get out of the door and heading over to her closet. She needed to get dressed.

She didn't care what she wore, just slipping on a random t shirt and pants before heading over to her front door. She slipped on her shoes and unlocked her door, walking out. She locked it behind her.

Just as she was going to start walking away from her door, she got a phone call from takemura. Hey she got his name right!

"Takemura here, we must meet. Come to Tom's diner."
Sounded like a order. Who the hell did this guy think he was?

She grumbled a bit before answering.
"Fine. I'll be there." She hung up before he could answer. She didn't plan or want anything to do with him.

-----

As she headed downstair, she saw cops beating on Barry's door. Her neighbor. Eventually they quit and sat outside. She decided to ask what was up.

"What's going on? I live upstairs." She questioned the cops. Curious but a bit worried About Barry. Shes seen him in the building, said hi a few times.

"So keep on livin' and stop mindin' other people's biz." The male officer said, she could 100% tell he was a arrogant prick.

"Mendez, hold on. It's his neighbor."

She sighed. "Is there anything I can do?" She asked. She doesn't usually like the cops but wants to help a neighbor out.

"He's a friend from the precinct. Left the force not long ago. He broke down after his best friend died. We're worried he'll do something stupid."
The female cop said, v took in the info. Wanting to help as best she could.

"Relax petrova. Barrys got nerves of steel. He's just a spiteful ol' bastard." The arrogant asshole said, crossing his arms.

"Mendez!" The other cop scolded him before turning to v. " Could you check on him once he's chilled down?" She asked v. She nodded softly.

"Will do. Least I can do for a neighbor." She chuckled before looking at Barry's door. She will stop by after talking to takemura.

----

Buck a slice

That's what the sign said..she remembers this place. Jackie and her used to come here once in awhile. She knew better then to start thinking about him. She shook those thoughts away before walking towards tom's diner. She spotted takemura at a booth and joined him.

"You do not look so bad." He eyed her. Was he trying to flatter her or try to gaslight her? She knew she looked like shit. She laughed in her head.

She eyed the man in front of her. Not liking any of him. He was suspicious and she couldn't trust him.

"Then, in the car, I doubted you would survive." He had a coffee clutched between both of his hands, he took a sip his eyes still trained on v.

"What's it you actually want from me?" She questioned him, crossing her arms. She didn't have time for this bullshit. She had.. other things to do.

He sat his coffee cup down. "To begin, you must tell me where to find Evelyn Parker."

"Evelyn.. what's she to you?" V questioned, again not trusting this man in front of her. She couldn't tell if it was the psycho in her head or her.

"She and yorinobu arasaka had intimate relations. She knows how to get to him."

"Been thinkin' i better have a word with her, myself. She promised to help me get rid of the chip." V stated, looking out the window. Evelyn was long gone by now. But she had no other choice but to start looking.

"I would not count on that. She is likely gone, very far away." He literally answered his own question. Dumb ass. She shook her head, her eyes trailing back to his.

"Just answered your own question 'bout where Evelyn is. - long gone." She could see him starting to become frustrated. He put his hands down the table, leaning forward. Frustration evident on his features.

"Why do you believe she could help you remove the chip? Does a corporation help her?" He questioned me like I was chained to a chair.

She thought about that. She really did believe someone was behind Evelyn. Not sure about a corporation per say.

"Suspect so, yeah.." she trailed off, she started to fidget in her seat. Fidgeting with her hands, anything she could. She just couldn't sit still.

"Evelyn was knowledgeable about the relic. Had a large chunk of classified info." She continued talking while looking out the window. "An enigma, to be sure, but she showed that slyness you get in Corpo agents... You know the kind." She didn't want to say to much. But didn't want to say to little. She didn't have a good feeling about him but needed him. She supposed.

I, too, posses this.. 'slyness' you speak of?" He asked, kind of like a innocent puppy. It was disgusting.

"You got tossed out with the outcasts, easily. Or have you forgotten?" She teased before deciding she had enough.

"Is that all? Should really be goin'." She spoke as she started getting up. "Wait!" He grabbed her shoulder, tightly making her sit back down. Who did this lil shit think he was?

"Yorinobu arasaka must answer for this crime of patricide." His fist were tight. Almost white as he spoke. She could see the anger.

"Listen, I just got back after coming back from the dead.  I need to do some stuff. I'll help you with whatever as long as you help me figure out how to get rid of this tumor in my brain. " She got up. And stood away from the booth a bit.

"Just call me if you figure out anything or have any idea as to what to do. I'll help you settle your score with the yorinobu guy. But you need to help me too."

And with that she walked out, not bothering to listen to his long ass speeches. It was beginning to bore her. She'd rather get straight to the point. She pulled sunglasses out of literally no where, slipped them on and headed home. "Just don't leave the city!" He shouted loudly as she walked away.

Why the fuck would she leave the city??

She needed to some things first. Important things.

---