17

V opened her eyes, groaning a bit. Her brain was trying to register where she was and she sat up. She was on a bench in front of the afterlife. Oh yeah. Okay. She remembers now.

"V, you should go meet rogue now." Johnny spoke, scaring her a bit. Making her flinch. She stared at him, he was leaned up against the brick wall beside the bench. Memories of last night, coming back to her. Embarrassment rushed to her cheeks as she rushed and stood up, gathering her things.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she made her way to the door of the afterlife, she couldn't believe she did that again. She couldn't help it. Gosh such a idiot.

She mentally slapped herself, walking down the steps and into the afterlife. A familiar tune playing across the loud speaker.

"Can you feel it? Can you touch it? Get ready cause here we go!" Chippin' in played across the loud speaker, making her hum to the beat. She appreciated the Rocker boys music, got her through some shit and also kept her sane.

She managed her way through the bar, trying not to show she enjoyed this song so much. She had a soft smile on her face as she quietly hummed the song, managing her way towards rogue. She stood at her body guard, tapping her foot to the beet of the song.

"Here to see rogue, expecting me." V stated eyeing the body guard. The body guard nodded, stepping aside for v.

V took in the presence of the man sitting next to rogue, eyeing him carefully as she walked up to rogue before Her eyes met rogues.

"Hey rogue, I'm back. What about Hellman?" V asked curiously, crossing her arms. Her legs hurt a bit.

"Two please." Rogue said out of nowhere, her eyes glowing red. Guessing she ordered drinks.

She patted the guy next to her. "Make some room." Miraculously sensing that v's legs hurt. V chuckled as rogue motioned for her to sit. "Sit down."

V plopped her fat ass down onto the seat, looking over at rogue.

"Hope ya found him."

Johnny suddenly appeared on the table, eyeing the two women before him.

"Don't see that often, determination like yours. Must really need this guy."

"Matter of life and death." Her eyes met Johnny's for a split second, her heart fluttering. She immediately looked back to rogue, giving her a strained smile.

"Heh, haven't heard that for a while either."

Here comes someone, with a tray, with drinks on the tray. They sat the drinks down and was going to walk away with the bottle. "Bottle stays." Rogue said, the person immediately sat the bottle down and scurried off. V chuckled at that.

"Go ahead, enjoy." Rogue gave the kid a smile.

"To your health." V suggested.

"To YOURS, kid. Your gonna need it." V chugged the shot down, her throat burning. She made a face and cleared her throat, setting the glass back down on the table.

----

As v was walking out of the afterlife after her nice chat with rogue, she felt the reliec malfunction, causing her vision to blur and her head to pound, she started to cough up blood into her hand. Wincing at the pain she felt.

Fuck.

Her stomach churned.

"Gonna puke.." she managed out bile coming up her throat before she grabbed onto a garbage can and emptied her stomach into it. Tears coming to her eyes, she felt awful. Guess the reliec was doing it's job.

"Fuck, v are you okay?" She felt johnny ask as he held her hair back, laying a hand on her waist.

"No. I'm deteriorating. And fast.." she said glumly, moving away from him. His touch made her heart flutter, she couldn't have that.

"We'll figure it out, v I promise." Johnny muttered softly, concern for his.. new friends well being.

"Yeah I know.." she mumbled, groaning a bit..she took a booster trying to get the pain to go away so she could call this panam person.

She sighed, wiping her face and fixing herself up. She sat on the side walk, calling panam. Johnny beside her.

"Hello?"

"This panam? V here."

"V who? V where? How did you even get this number?"

"From someone at the afterlife."

"Mhmm. So what is it you want?"

"Actually, wanted to talk to you about what you want." V snickered under her breath. She was good at playing people when she felt like it.

"Is that so?" Panam said intrigued.

"The merch you lost and your ride, you want em back? Let's talk."

V Negotiated, hopeful.

"Hm. Is that so? Ugh, rogue and confidentiality. - I might've known." Panam muttered under her breathe.

"The rail freight yard on Bonita Street, the one hugging the city line, we'll meet there. " Panam sighed.

"Cya." V hung up on her.

She looked over at johnny, who was watching her the whole time. "Well, looks like we have that to do." V muttered softly, exhausted. Her body was always so tired. No fault of hers, she was being eaten alive by a chip in her brain.

"Take it easy on yourself, don't push yourself to much, v. Don't want your body to give out before we can find someone to help us." Johnny sounded concerned.  V shook her head and stood up, stumbling a bit but regaining her balance.

She needed to get to work.

She hopped on her bike or well Jackie's bike, plopping on her helmet and starting up the bike.