9

Mama welles was standing by a pool table, arms crossed talking to someone. V sighed, her nerves were killing her. She decided to grow some balls and walk over to Mama welles.

"V! It's nice to see you." Mama welles stated, turning towards her. Before heading towards a table, motioning for v to follow.

"Sit sit, you want a beer?" Mama welles asked as v trailed behind her and sat down. "Sure." V's eyes were everywhere but on mama welles, looking at her... Best chooms mama was hurtful. It made her heart hurt. He should be here.

Her eyes met mama welles, she was leant against the table staring at her before grabbing two beers from the beer crate on the table, she popped off the cap on one of them and sat it in front of v.

"A lot of time has passed, how have you been?" Mama welles asked as v drunk the beer, she hated alcohol. Not sure why she was drinking it.

V thought about it, she wasn't doing to good. Obviously. Her best choom died, she tried to off herself but a parasite decided to take over her brain. Things could definitely be better. V sighed, shaking her head, sitting the alcohol down.

"Mama welles, I could be better... Honestly."
She muttered, fidgeting with her hands.

"What is happening?" Mama asked curiously, concerned for v. V was like a daughter to her. Would have been her daughter in law if Jackie didn't die. Yes she knew how much Jackie loved her.

"That...night when Jackie fell.. let's just say things haven't exactly been easy since.." mama welles nodded, in understanding. She had a soft look on her face.

"I know how you feel, love. We all do." Her voice full of understanding and love for v.

"I am in the middle of preparing a afrenda, there is still so much to take care of..." Mama welles voice cracked a bit.. her eyes didn't meet v's. She knew how much mama welles was in pain.

"Wanna take part in the ceremon, but wanna do it the right way... In line with tradition." V trailed off... Hesitant a bit. "But something id lay by his casket, that'd do justice to his memory.. I don't got anything.." her heart was just breaking as she spoke. She loved Jackie. And she didn't even have anything for his afrenda. What a terrible choom was she?

Mama welles nodded, giving her a soft smile.

"But your heart - it's in the right place, mi niña."

She reached to grab something off of the table, keys??  before handing her the pair of keys.

"Pff, don't worry. It's symbolic. Look for something in his garage, his past is all there.."

"Okay, thanks mama welles. It means the world to me.." v stood up, grabbing the key before giving mama welles a soft smile. She thought she was going to be mad at her. Shes glad she isn't.

"Eh don't mention it v.. you have respect. I admire that."

V managed to walk towards the exit. She wasn't sure if she should do this, but... She needed to. For Jackie. she pushed open the exit door and managed her way through the other. She just couldn't believe he was gone. She was still in doubt, her mind is struggling to wrap her head around it.

Her eyes met Misty's, misty was sitting by the garage door.

Both women loved him but in different ways.
V knew she was in as much pain as she was. She walked up to misty, staring at her. She gave her a soft smile.

"What are you doing here?" V questioned curious, fidgeting with the key in her hand.

"Sitting and waiting, and yeah.. waiting for him, even though I know he's never coming back." V's heart broke for the girl. Misty was like a sister to Jackie, they went on a date once and decided to just be friends, because there was no chemistry.

"Lately I've just been coming here to sit. An hour. Sometimes two.." her legs were up to her chest, she was hunched in a ball sitting there. Pain was evident in her voice as she spoke.

"I know it's gonk. I just miss him. A lot." Misty mumbled softly, meeting v's eyes. "Wanna sit and catch up? Misty asked, changing the topic very quickly. V nodded, sitting next to her.  "It's not gonk, misty. We all miss him. It's human to miss him. To feel that hurt in your chest. For him."

Misty looked at the ground, contemplating it. "I guess.." she muttered

The two talked for a bit, enjoying each other's company. They loved him to death, he was a good guy. Misty had to leave and go back to her shop to grab something but promised v, she would be there at the afrenda.

She waved at misty as she walked away, her smile dying down as she turned and looked towards the garage. She clenched her fists, they were turning white. She was nervous and scared to look at his garage.. everything will remind her of him. And his.. scent on everything, his odd things here and there.  Fuck it hurts her so much.

She managed to open the garage, walking in. The door slid down behind her. Fuck. Her eyes trailed over all of his stuff. This was a lot. A lot for her to take in. She was here once or twice but mostly when she was drunk and didn't pay attention to everything.

She walked around the rooms picking up and looking at things. Reminiscing. Everything smelt of Jackie. She found a key to the second room and opened it, looking around. She noticed the thing on the table, knowing what it meant.

She smiled softly, her heart was warm. She knew misty recommended this to him. And she was glad he did it. She looked around, finding one of his favorite hoodie.

She felt weird but she grabbed it, inhaling it's scent. Smelt just like Jackie. It made her heart hurt badly. It made her feel like he was here even though he wasn't. She slipped it on, the hoodie was relatively big, Jack was a big guy. The end of the hoodie was just above her knees.

She knew it was weird, wearing clothes.. from someone who has passed but.. she couldn't help it..she missed him greatly. She loved him and she never even got to properly say it to him.

She walked out of the room, heading towards the book. She may use this for the afrenda.. wasn't sure though. Her hands trailed over the book, a pained smile on her face. She was trying her best not to cry. She knew johnny was here, she didn't mind. It was nice having company even if it was a parasite eating her brain.

Johnny was standing, staring at her. He could feel her pain, her grief. it was hard not to. While he didn't care to much about her, he knew how it felt. He kind of felt bad for the kid.

"Ya know, kid.. I'd go for the book, just my intuition..." Johnny muttered off, giving her a smile. She was surprised, she thought that the book was a good choice too.

" I didn't know this guy personally but he seemed like a good guy..." She nodded, a soft smile on her face. Her eyes met Johnny's face. " He was a very good guy. I'm not sure he would have liked you but I think you would have liked him." She mumbled softly, her eyes trailing back to the book. "I think I'll go with the book." She agreed with johnny. Stuffing it in her coat pocket.

She watched johnny, unlean from where he was, nodding.  "Good choice, kid."

He started disappearing from existence before he was completely gone. Back into her head, she guessed. She sighed, shaking her head, trying to get rid of her thoughts.

She hoped this was enough.