10

She got a call from takemura before she managed to walk into the bar. Said he wanted her to meet a old friend of his in Japan town. She was very skeptical but agreed. And hung up on him before he could finish what he was saying.

She was busy and had other things to do rather then deal with a arasaka scum.  She sighed, pushing her way through the doors and seeing everyone gathered around Jackie's shrine. Her heart hurting a bit.

She walked over to Mama welles, giving her a soft smile.

"V, it's good to see you here." She spoke softly, eyeing the kid. She was wearing Jackie's hoodie, mama welles heart hurt for her as well. She knew how much the two loved each other.

"We're about to start you should sit " mama welles pointed to a seat. Her legs felt wobbly, her breathing was unstable. She was trying her best not to cry as she sat down. Nodding towards vik before getting lost in her thoughts. She pulled up the hood of Jackie's jacket, inhaling the scent of his soft fabric. It smelt like his favorite beer and a perfume she couldn't figure out but she didn't care. It was Jackie's scent. She loved it.

She listened to her mama welles speaking in a loving way about Jackie. Telling us a story about him.  She could tell mama welles was on the verge of breaking down but she continued.

"Rest in piece my son." Facing the table, putting the ring on it. She then turned around and walked over to where she once stood.

Viktor decided to stand up as well and do the same. Holding boxing gloves. V smiled at him, she was glad he came.

After another person, it was her turn.

"Anyone else?"

Her palms were sweaty, her legs shaking. She was nervous as hell, she didn't know if this book was enough. But she wanted it to be. She was scared she would start crying while putting the book on the table.

She stood up, heading towards the table. A glum look on her face.

"I.. uh I often think back to the first time me and Jack met. it feels like... It happened a century ago. At another time, in another place. Jackie saved my life." She trailed off, her voice cracking a bit. She cleared her throat, trying to keep the tears down.

"And then years later in night city... He saved it again..at a time when id thought I lost absolutely everything." She pulled out the book, grazing her fingers over the cover.

"I found my own freedom then..but it would have not happened without him."

"Jackie welles, the best choom you could ask for. Loyal to a fault. Once he set his mind on something, he was ready to die to achieve it." She felt tears coming up. She turned the face the shrine, trying not to look at everyone. "He.. he once told me, 'Chica, the one thing we can't do is be afraid of others.'"

"For his loved ones, he'd sacrifice his life, without hesitation. But most importantly.." she had a smile on her face, remembering him all to well. The scent of him on his hoodie was making her feel a bit better. "Jackie loved life and had no fear. Heart on his sleeve, he.. he didn't overthink things, he just went for it. Thought he was bulletproof and that'd he'd become a legend at the afterlife." She chuckled softly. "I admired him for that."

"And ultimately, he did what he set out to do - shit in the shoes of some powerful people. If he's watching, bet just about now he's just flipping them all the bird." She sighed, wiping the tear that fell down her cheek. The pain in her chest was awful but reminiscing about him made her a bit happier.