1

"Vincent!" My mother calls from the lower floor. "Are you ready?! We're leaving in ten!!" She tells before I hear her shoes walk away on the marble floors of our foyer. I was finishing up packing my bags after being told that my parents are going on their anniversary trip to i don't know where. I already knew where Katie (my younger sister), Sam (my older brother), and I were staying.

We were best friends with a family that lived down the road from us. I say we, I mean everyone but me. Katie had Chelsea and Sam had Xavier. Ew, I get shivers just thinking his name. He was the most arrogant asshole Ive ever met. Always trying to tell me what to do, even when we were little, he had this stupid authority to him. He used to sit on his high horse when we were younger because he was a year older and we would bicker over it all the time. He was Sam's friend though, so he comes over all the time. It was annoying, most of the time we stayed out of each others way, but now we'll be in their house for who knows how long.

Whenever my parents went on a trip it took them a while to get home. They'd enjoy themselves too much to come home then suddenly they're going all around the world. Again. And I would be stuck with Satan's most annoying guy in a place where I can't avoid him.

In that house it would be difficult to hide my secret. I'm a little. I enjoy going into the mindset of a child a few times. Mostly to just destress from some fucked up day. It feels nice to leave all my responsibilities and have a moment of time to calm down and watch cartoons and colour in and play with toys. And you can't change my mind. However I knew it wasn't the normal, I am 17 I should be able to be a fully functioning, near, adult and not act like a child. I get that and I know I have to keep it a secret, and I have for about a year. This leads me to my first issue. Should I bring my little gear? Could I last a few months without slipping. Probably not. I should just pack it just incase.

I have a couple of little things due to my friends; Jack, Koi and Ray. Jack was also a little and Koi and Ray were just supportive and would help us get out of sticky situations, they understood it was a coping mechanism and would never insult us over anything.

I decided to dress into something very casual, I wasn't going out anywhere not was I trying to impress anyone. So I wore a baggy jumper that reached a quarter down my thighs and some baggy tracksuit pants.

"Vincent hurry up!" I heard Katie scream through my door

"Vincent hurry up!" I heard Katie scream through my door. Excited to be with her best friend Chelsea they've been close since forever, conjoined at the hip. Who knows why or what they do but they love being around each other. Their personalities merge into one the second they're in the same room, instantly chatting and bonding the second they see each other. Inseperable.

I quickly grab my bags and my necklace that I always wear before checking I have everything. Because once these doors close that's it, they're locked and no one knows the security code, only mum and dad and they don't trust us to have keys. Katie loses everything, Sam's never home because he has extracurricular activities and is basically never home. And I'm just untrustworthy with everything. Don't get me wrong, my parents live me and cherish me and everything, Ive just become quite the "trouble maker." So they don't really give me the important things.

I snatch my packet of cigarettes from under my pillow, generic I know but I don't need to hide hide them, just keep them out of view. My parents don't check my room, I'm convinced they don't care what I do, but I guess I'm nearly 18 so I can kinda just do what I want. Its our rule; you can do what you want when you're 18 or out of the house. i think thyre coming to terms with the smoking, it's the only bad habit Ive picked up so I guess they're okay with it.

I walked down the stairs, not particularly thrilled to be leaving the comfort of my room.

"Good you're here." Mum says as she straightens up her dress she has on. One that screams "I have a first class ticket and you don't." We're rich and all but I see no point in needing to flaunt it around. "The others had a headstart going down the road maybe you'll be able to catch up." I roll my eyes pushing my hair out of my eyes. "Oh and Vince?" She called as I turned around about to leave with a suitcase behind me and a bag on my back.

"Yes?" I ask with a sigh turning around to face her.

"Be nice, I know you don't like being over there but I just need you to be nice. If it gets too much go to Jack's." She suggests. Out of all my friends Jack was my best friend. Ive known him the longest and our personalities just clicked. We're also both little and love to go over to his and have little play dates. He's very fun to be with.

"Yeah will do mum." I give her a small smile, she grabs my head and gave me a kiss on the cheek and pulled me into a hug.

"We'll miss you VinVin." She says mentioning an old nickname from when I was 4. This was like her goodbye routine, she gets emotional when leaving us, I already know the other two had it worse but they were in a rush now and dad was shooing us outside. Telling mum to let me go and that they'll be late if they didn't leave now.

Mum gave me one more hug and cheek kiss before getting led to the car by the gentle hand of my father on her back I wave her goodbye before turning and walking down the side walk towards the place I would be staying for a while. Li walked slow grabbing a cig from my pocket noticing that mum and dad have drove off in the opposite direction and the other two were farther ahead and wouldn't turn back, I knew it was safe enough to have one now before I was in their house.

I had only just lit it, making sure to not burn my hair as I have done in the past taking in the throat burning smoke.

"Why do you smoke?" The deep voice of the one person I didn't want to see. My heart dropped but I had to act like I didn't just shit myself, it would give him satisfaction. I turn around. Xavier. I roll my eyes, taking another draw of smoke feeling it fill my lungs before blowing it in his face. He grimaced waving his hand Infront of his face to rid of the smoke. "Its disgusting." He commented walking next to me.

"Because I can do what I want, why do you care?" I sarcastically answer walking again. "Why are you even here and not at home?" I asked. I accidentally put my phone and earphones in my bag and was too lazy to take them out, so talking with the guy would be better than it being silent.

"Went on a run, am I ment to stay in my house at all times?" He asked, I rolled my eyes. Of course he was on a run. He's into some sport that he wants to persue and he needs to stay fit for it or something. "You do know smoking is bad right? Does your family know?" He asked as I near finished the the thing.

"No, they don't, so don't go snitching. And of course I know it's bad, I just don't care." I flick the bus of it onto the ground and stepped on it crushing it out before picking it up and placing it back into the pack, I'm not litterer, I don't want some poor bird to peck at it thinking it's some food then have it die.

"Whatever, see you inside I guess." I knew he wanted to say something, something about my habit or something but chose not to. Thankfully.

I walked inside the two story house going upstairs already knowing which room was mine. Sam has his own room here too, Katie just sleeps with Chelsea. I was in the room adjacent to Xavier the devil. There was only ever one thing I could agree with whenever on the topic of Xavier and it was that he was attractive. Long fluffy soft brown hair with an sculpture like face. Something people could stare at all day, sometimes I catch myself staring. But avert it when he looks over. He was hot, but that doesn't take away from the annoyance I feel for him.

I shove my suit case under the bed before placing my bag at end of it going through it and grabbing my phone, unraveling the wired earphones from around it and placing them in my ears listening to music and scrolling through my phone untill I was called for dinner.

First chapterrrrr, I kinda like this, it's gonna have much more structure ish than a Trios love and won't go on forever like that one.

Butttt I wanna make this a slight slow burn BC every book I write it's just instant and that isn't really how it works, and it's not a rushed thing so yeah

Hope you liked it🙃