4

After staying at jacks house for the night I had calmed down from the situation with Xavier. I still hate him and my view still stands, he's a stuck up asshole, nothing more about it. He litterally only thinks of himself in every situation, it's ridiculous. But I'm Much more calm about it. It was early morning and j couldn't fall asleep. I decided to walk home leaving Jack a note explaining I went home.

I snuck in from what I thought was my room. Have I mentioned I have horrible sense of direction. I'm lucky I even make it home half the time. I open the window and step in, the room dark and barly visible. I swear my bed was on the other wall what the fuck? The light flicked on and I near screamed seeing Xavier with a bat in hand

"Bro what the fuck you don't even play cricket why do you have that?!" I whisper yelled at him not wanting to wake up the house. I lean against the window sill holding onto my chest calming my breathing.

"What are you doing here so late Vince?!" He whisper yelled back. "And why my window?!" He put the bat down and walked over to me. He didn't tower over me but he was taller. Enough I had to look up a little.  I used to hate that. Having to look up all the time. Since having little space I haven't minded it much. I was still a little bit high from jacks and I'm sure he could smell it on me.

"Sorry." I say head down. I haven't slipped in quite a bit and was getting a little too close to it now. "I thought this was my window." I looked back up and he seemed a little less mad. His room was quite nice, not completely clean but not messy either. Just a few things in the ground and his dresser seemed unorganised. He had a few posters on the walls ones of famous basketball players and the uni he really wanted to go to and wouldn't stop talking about going to. I know he's serious about his career but he has no faith in me and I get why he was mad earlier but he should know I would never take coke.

"You're fine Vince. I thought you were staying at Jack's house? What happened to that?" He asked I looked down at my jumper again playing with the end of it.

"Couldn't sleep so I came home." I answered, I was fighting little space right now and it was so difficult to keep it in when he acts so much like a daddy. Always caring and getting in your business, always wanting to know where you are and what you're doing and keeping you safe.

"I told you to call me if you needed to come home. Its dangerous at night. There are creeps all around. Next time call me. I don't care if we were just in a fight. I want you to be safe." Oh god down we go. I had to keep it hidden, he can't know, it's weird. I don't want him to know. I bit my lips looking down.

"Vincent look at me." I looked up immediately wide doe eyes. Something I did alot when I thought I was in trouble but it was much more obvious when I was little. I was hoping and praying to a god I didn't believe in that he would ignore it. I could see he noticed though. "call me next time okay? I don't care what time it is or where you are, you need a ride home I'm right here and ready to drop everything to come and get you." Xavier knew what's happened in the past before. Even though I ignore it and act like it never happened he acts like it was worse for him.

"Even if I'm at a party?" I ask knowing he hated parties. He smiled and shook his head.

"Yes even if you're at a party."

"What if I was in a drug circle?"

"Even then but I would rather you not get in that situation." I giggled nodding to him. Picking at my nails. "go get some sleep Vinnie. We have school tomorrow." He placed his hand on my back escorting me to his door.

"I'm sorry about to say." I say hiding my very small lisp thing I get when I'm little and trying to keep my voice low so he wouldn't question it, just whispering. "It was bad of me to do. I know your feature means alot to you and I'm sorry." I face him head down looking at my toes. I hated apologising but I knew I had to. Id feel like shit if I didn't and being slightly little at the time helps. I was more open to the idea.