14

He led us out of the parking lot, and up some escalators, he wasn't wrong. It wasn't as big as Westfield, which was like 3 buildings in itself, but it didn't change the fact that this was a massive ass place. People were all around even though it was still relatively early in the morning. How do people do this all day. Apon there being places to buy things, there were groceries on the bottom floors and gyms all around the place and a cinema on one of the upper floors. I would so get lost. I grab onto the sleeve of Xaviers, over shirt? Whatever that's called. Z noticed and confidently grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers. My heart was racing. This date was going to kill me.

"You okay, Vinnie?" He asked. I gave a quiet nod, walking closer to him, feeling like I was taking up too much room. It felt weird. It's so weird. Yet nice. His hand was warm and I knew in the next few minuets I would sweat our hands away but his were soft and he held my hand with such strength that if felt like he was worries I would stray away. I looked at his face, and he had a light blush apin his cheeks. This was such a cringe date, and I loved it.

"Yeah, I'm good." I melted into the touch, not litterally, but I became less stiff and more "with the flow, " so to say.

He led me through small crouds of people past so many pleasing looking stores our hands stayed intertwined, even when mine began to sweat. He didn't seem to mind it, which is a small thing, but it made me happy. Eventually, we entered a smallstore kind of hidden between 2 much larger well-known stores. It has a small sign, and honestly, I didn't even notice it when Xavier walked up to it. We walked in, and it wasn't tiny, but it was indeed small and looked boring. Very boring and plain coloured clothes. I'm sure anyone would be wondering how this even still stands if they were to just walk in. We were greeted by the cashier, an early adult woman in all black atire who obviously wasn't expecting anyone.

"We're here for the back?" Xavier said. At first, i thought he was joking. I truly didn't think little stores could ever exist, and this was just him pulling my leg, but the lady gave a knowing smile.

"It's been a while since we've seen you here. Jake is always talking about you. Who's this little cutie?" She asked, bending her legs a little. Who the fuck is Jake? And why has he been talking about Xavier? I moved closer to Z, not wanting to talk to this lady.

"He's a little shy." Z chuckled, knowing this wasn't how I usually acted. I wasn't used to being around others who were in the community. The lady led us to the back of the shop, unlocking the door and opening it to us, I was in SHOCK who just has a little store in the back of some boring ass small store.

"Are you okay?" Z asked, ruffling my hair as I looked around, jaw hitting the floor.

"This isn't real." I mutter, shaking my head while Xavier grabs a small trolley
This place is big enough that there's trollies...

I grab onto xaviers sleeve as he starts walking down the isles. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a massive ass store like I don't know woollies or Big W or kmart and stuff, but it was relatively large. Considering it was in the back of another store, that was a good size. These guys must get a lot of customers in either store. Although it seemed quite empty.

"You can grab whatever you want." I didn't know what I wanted. I just kind of looked around nothing really catching my eye. He led me down an aisle that was more. I didn't even know how little I got. I just knew I wasn't a baby, but I just don't know.

"I don't know?" I haven't slipped yet, too scared too even though little me would have a field day in a store like this. I stayed glued to Xaviers arm and didn't really move. He stopped pushing the trolley, grabbing my face instead.

"It's okay, there's no need to be worried. Everyone in here is part of the community, I'm not gonna judge you for anything you get, and neither will they. You can slip and I'll look after you. Where's that cocky attitude?" He booped my nose, causing me to flinch back and look at him more through my lashes.