12

I felt a shake to my shoulder, and I was confused when I opened my eyes. I don't know where we are, but it seemed much busier than our small town.

"We're here for food. Cmon." He said. He was already outside and had my door open. He unbuckled my seatbelt. I realised we were in the city. I was shocked at first, I remembered that we were going here, obviously, but I don't know. I was still surprised. "You're having your meds as well." He added, helping me out of the car. I rolled my eyes but accepted, I wanted today to be good, so I wasn't about to start it off with an argument. I open my phone, yawning and rubbing my eyes. Sam and Jack had called me multiple times. I roll my eyes again, calling Jack back.

"What the fuck dude!! Where the fuck are you! I've been freaking out all fucking day! Your location isn't on! I don't know where you are! I thought you were fucking dead!!! What the fuck!!!!!" He screamed into the phone. I heard the sound of people in the background. "Is that Vinnie? Let me talk to him." Sam took the phone.

"Where the FUCK ARE YOU!!!" He screamed. I gave the phone to Xavier, too lazy to answer his questions. I could still hear Sam even though the speaker wasn't up to my ear. "YOURE PILLS ARE GONE, YOU'RE FUCKING GONE!!! I DONT KNOW WHERE XAVIER IS. YOUR LOCATIONS OFF. how are we ment to know you're okay?! The last time you did this you were in the hospital Mate!! Do I need to call mum and dad? Are you in a ditch somewhere? DO I NEED TO KILL SOMEONE!! you said you wouldn't do this again, Vincent! Everyone's worried. Why aren't you answering?!" Xavier chuckled but gave me a pittied look. He knew I got these calls a lot. I never really told anyone anything, where I'm going, when I'm going, who I'm with. Most of the time, I turn off my location. Why would I want the government to know where I am at all times? That's so stupid. Most of the time, if I'm manic, I end up smashing the fuck out of my phone and refuse to get a new one. Jack writes me letters in those times when I don't go to school and such. He treats it like it's the medieval times, and he teas stains the paper and everything.

"How is he meant to respond when you're screaming a million miles per hour. We're fine, Sam, nothing to worry about. He's with me. You can track my location. Don't call your parents." Xavier informs. He moved the phone to his other ear, and I couldn't hear what Sam was saying. Zay moved his free hand down to mine and interlaced our fingers. I blushed. I reciprocated squeezing his hand, and he squeezed back. "I have his pills he will be taking them.... yeah were jn the city.... why not? A day out?..... I have to talk to you when we get home.... it's not bad, but it is serious.... whether he's manic or not, he's fine. And he's safe. I'm looking out for him.... it'll be fine, we'll be a few hours.... he doesn't want to answer....  yeah, give it back to Jack.... Jack, you knew we were going to be on a date. What do you mean you were freaking out?" He chuckled, rolling his eyes before handing it back. I can only imagine what they were about talking about. It was easy to tell, though.

"Yeah, Jack, you knew! Why would you freak out? I told you about it."

"Well, I didn't know you were going early in the morning, and you were talking about how you think you were manic and I was just worried you like went to a different country OT something and convinced that air head to join you!" He yelled through the speaker.

"He isn't an air head, don't be rude and besides if I were to tell him he'd probably like I don't know, lock me in a basement until I wasn't manic anymore." I joked laughing, Xavier laughed a little at that and ruffled my hair lovingly.

"Well, he's an air head in my eyes, and he sucks, whatever. As long as you're safe, then have fun and TURN ON YOUR LOCATION!!" He screamed before hanging up the phone. Some friend he is. I turn on my location before stuffing my phone in my pocket and looking up to Z.

"I hate them." I pout as we start walking.

"No, you don't. You love them."  He chuckled, letting go of my hand, and placed his arm around my back, resting his hand on my waist, causing a thick blush to set on my cheeks.

"I do, but Jack's annoying. He always freaks out like that." I roll my eyes. I looked up at the bquilding that was in front of me. A small 80's fashion diner. We walk kn and all they're playing is 80s music. The waitresses are in 80s clothes, and some are even in roller skates. I liked the feel of the place. It was so positive, and everyone actually looked like they were having fun.

"Cmon, you need to eat so you can take your meds." I glared at him but didn't fight him. It was our day, and I didn't want to ruin it. We sad down, and he ordered us both pancakes and orange juice.

"I thought you were an apple juice lover?" I questioned, furrowing my brows confused.

"Yeah, but you like orange juice. I'm treating you today, remember? Besides, orange juice isn't bad either. I enjoy both." He explained he had this twinkle in his eyes that I didn't seem to notice before. To be fair, I never looked him in the eyes. He was always scolding me or catching me doing things I shouldn't do.
"Yknow, you're cute when you blush." He comments, leaning his head on his hand. I grimaced at him, not even realising that I was blushing.

"Don't." My face scrunched up into a disgusted look.

"What don't you like being complimented?" He asked, smirking at me. I look away, not being able to handle the embarrassment. My hands reached up to my face to hide my blush. I didn't want him to see it for some reason. I could smell the pancakes being cooked, and my mouth was salivating because of it. I was too focused on the amazing smell to notice Xavier reaching across the booth and taking my hands off my face. He still had that stupid smile on his stupid face.

"I'm sorry, beautiful." He says, leaning closer. "I'll be sure to compliment you more so you get used to it." He chuckles his hands were still on mine, and I flail to get them away before crossing my arms and looking back out the window, my face crimson red.the blush had spread to my ears and neck, it was impossible to hide. I break out of the childish behaviour when the waitress rolled over with two big plates of pancakes.

"Thank you." I say as she places them down. She turns her attention to me.

"Anything else you would like? It'll be on me~" the waitress batted her eyes. Obviously flirting. I look over at Xavier, not knowing what to do or say. He had a darker aura to him. He seemed pissed off yet, still quite calm. He was glaring at the waitress, I could see his jaw tighten, somehow getting sharper. I've never seen him this angry.

"U-uhmm... uhhh.." I look back at the waitress who put on a subtle suggestive  pose. I didn't know what to do. No one back at home did this because they all knew I was gay. My heart rate increased under the stress of the situation. How what does someone do in this situation. I look back down at Z. I bit my lip nervously. I could say no. But what if she like, gets mad, and I don't know, throws the pancakes on me. If I say nothing, Xavier will hate me. What are the right words for this situation. How do people turn others down. Why does she want to be with me anyway? Xavier is 100 times hotter, in every way. Zay finally looked back at me and saw my pleading look to get rid of her, and he complied.

"I'm sorry ma'am, don't you have waitress things to do? My boyfriend and I are on a date, so please excuse us." He emphasised 'boyfriend', causing a realisation to fall on her face.

"Oh!" She states outloud. "OH, IM SO SORRY SIR!! I just thought you were friends, and we never really saw any new faces here, and I just thought he was hot! And... oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean your boyfriend is hot. No, I don't mean he's ugly. Obviously, he looks like a God with his bone structure and perfect skin." She rambled on at a fast pace, only making Z angrier. "I'm so sorry!!! I don't mean to hit on him, I didn't know you guys were gay, not that I'm hating or anything. I'm an ally!! Omg I'm so sorry I'm just gonna go. Please don't kill me, sir." He head was hung low, her curly blond pigtails falling by her side.

"You're fine. Please do go." He glared her off. No wonder she was scared. That look could kill anyone.

"What was that? I've never seen you that angry before." I state, digging into my pancakes. They were so yummy.

"That wasn't anger, sweetheart. And you've seen me angry." My mind fell back to that time...

___________

Isn't that so fun? I finally updated. It's not a story unless there's angst 🙃🫠 also got to wake up at 5 tmro. lol, go me and my working life 🥲😪😴 I should try and sleep, but I genuinely won't be able to.