9

We all sat at the dinner table, and Jack and Dylan instantly hit it off. Talking about all sorts of stuff. I was really in my mind, though. I kept thinking about the whole 'Xavier might like me' thing. It wouldn't be a thing, right? Like there is no way that man has feelings for me. I will forever stay in denile. There can't be any chance that that man likes me.

"Are you okay, Vinnie?" He asked quietly, placing his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him with wide eyes. Why is my heart beating like that? Why do I feel weak?

"Uhh yeah, I'm fine." I look away and back at my food. Playing with what was remaining.

"Are you sure. You seem off in thought a lot today." I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I'm fine, just as you say, thinking." I push the half eaten food away, leaving back in my chair, taking a deep breath.

"Thinking about what?" He asked concerned. I roll my eyes and pull him off to a different room, knowing the two love birds won't care anyway. They need time alone.

"Not death, don't give me that look." The way he was looking at me, he knew I was in an episode. He just didn't know which one. "For real Xavier, I'm fine. I'm not gonna kill myself, and I'm not gonna think the C.I.A is gonna come smashing through the door. I'm fine. Episodes come and go, and you've been making me take my meds. They're not gonna be that bad. Wipe the look off your face and enjoy the night. Our best friends are getting together it's a happy moment. Not every emotion I feel is an episode. So don't act like it is, I get enough of that from my family. I don't need it from yours!" I snaped. I didn't mean for tonight to go like this, I was meant to flatter him and flirt, not yell at him and be rude.

"Sorry -" He begins to stay before I butt in. Sighing.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be yelling at you for something you're concerned with. It's just that if I am going through an episode and if Sam finds out he's gonna tell Mum and Dad , then they're gonna come back from their trip, and I'm gonna feel bad." I pout. I started slipping again. What about this time says appropriate to slip? Nothing. Other than stress and negative feelings but eitherway, guy in front of me should stop me well enough. Yet he does the opposite.

"I have a question, and now isn't the appropriate time to ask it, but I need to tell you." He says I look up through my eyelids, causing big doe eyes to look up at him. "Well, two things."

"We're all about bad timing in this house, aren't we?" I joke smiling, waiting for his questions. My heart was in my ears beating like a floor drum, anxious for what he was going to ask.

"I like you." He blurted. He was right, wrong time, and Jack was right. HE LIKES ME?! "And I know I know definitely wrong time and not as romantic as I enticipated. Yknow spaghetti dinner Dylan was supposed to take Jack to the lounge room, and I was supposed to ask you, I had it all planned out and everything. A little present and a speech, but all of that's out the window." Blush grew hard on my cheeks and ears. He planned everything? That would have been so cringe but so cute.

"That's not a question." I mumbled, stupid response, stupid response, stupid response. I mentally slap my face. Why on earth would I say anything like that in the moment. No one says that when they get a confession. What the actual fuck is wrong with me." I am screaming inside. However. No matter how stupid it was, Zay seemed to find it funny.

"You're right, that's not a question." He always had such an attractive laugh. I used to envy him for it. Mine would make glass shatter. One of a dying duck. People look for a window cleaner when I laugh. "I wanted to ask if you would like to go on a date?" The blush grew. I wasn't used to this. People asking me out never happened. It was only recently that I lost the ugliest haircut I ever school to get. I only just got my style in check so I don't look like i just rolled out of my cupboard in some old dirty clothes.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I began fiddling with my fingers. "You said you had two questions?" I look up at him.

"Oh, yeah, I'll tell you on that date." He had a big goofy grin on his face, and we stood there awkwardly.

"We should probably get back to the other ones." I blush. We walked back to the table, seeing the other two. Jack immediately knew something happened and got up racing over to me, pulling me up to my room where a massive smile was etched onto my face.

"Tell. Me. EVERYTHING!!" He screamed, jumping up and down. He jumped onto my bed and sat with his legs crossed.

"Well." I pause for a second, trying to fight the smile off my face. "HE ASKED ME OUT ON A DATE!!!" I squeeled to him. We both screamed for a bit, excited that we both had someone else, and it was at the same time we had this.

"When? Where? Do you know anything? You have to interrogate him!! I need to know what happens when it happens how it happens and when it does happen you're going to have to get every singe detail, I want it to be like I'm right there with you I SEWAR IF YOU DONT!!" He threw empty threats at me all the time, but I knew this time I'm sure he'll try and throw me down the stairs.

"Of course I will!! Who do you think I am?!" I giggles. "I don't know what I'm gonna wear or how anything gonna go, and that's scary but thrilling. He also wants to ask me a question, but I don't have any clues as to what it could even be."

"He gonna ask to be your daddy!" I cover his mouth, he was being too loud. I'm fine with screaming about things, but the walls aren't soundproof. I fact mine, especially, anything over the average talking volume you can hear all throughout the house due to the stupid vents around. They fixed it in Chelsea and Xaviers rooms, but guest rooms are all so audible throughout the house, I just have to hope they didn't hear that. Or just didn't take it that way at all.

"Shut up!" I say through gritted teeth. "I doughty he will, and if he does, I'll do your homework for a month. There is no way! I can guarantee he won't even know about the community." I whisper.

"I'll hold you to that." He giggles.

"Do you know something I don't?" I question.

"No, just intuition. I've been with daddies before. He is daddy material, bitch he'd cut your food for you if he could." I rolled my eyes. He wasn't wrong he had a daddy beforehand. But things didn't work out and he moved away, they tried the long distance but it wasn't for them. I personally haven't even dated before. Everyone I get interested in never knew about the whole disorder thing so I over thought it and never pursued because there was no way anyone would want a bipolar bitch to be their partner... but Zay is different. He knows about it, and it hasn't scared him off. Even if he knows it's hard to deal with sometimes. For both him and I. It might work out... hopefully.

"Okay, let's go back. And act cool. Don't do anything you would do." We both laugh before going downstairs seeing the two sitting there, laughing as well. Jack walked over to Xavier, and I already knew he was doing something he would do, throwing empty threats his way.

"You better not hurt him, or I will take you and lock you in a basement and torture you for the rest of your life." He would never do that. We don't even have basements here. More likely, he would just stop talking to Xavier, not that he really talks to him anyway, and will give him the cold shoulder as well as probably throw a few non harmful rumours his way. I believe social rejection is way worse than any torture that can pursue.

We all finished dinner as well as desert, in which Jack and I were very excited for the other two, not as much as us. Jack wasn't allowed a lot of sugar because every time he does, he starts literally bouncing off the walls and running around and becomes very difficult to handle. For me, I don't know. I just don't get a lot of sugar. Most of the time, when I do eat it, I get sick. It's not like throwing up sick, just a tummy ache. So I chose not to have it a lot, but it was still so delicious, so I really didn't give two shits.

It was getting late, and I didn't want them to go home so late at night, too dangerous with all the creeps around.

"Stay the night. Jack can sleep in my room, and Daniel can sleep with Xavier." I plan out loud grabbing the bowls to take to the kitchen. They both agreed and texted their parents before getting ready for bed. We all had showers and got into bed after a long day. I couldn't stop thinking about the date. What was going to happen? What does he want to ask me. The "hatred" I felt for him before was ling gone and replaced with curiosity and bashfulness. I couldn't sleep, the date was all I could think about. Nothing else was on my mind.