3

The principal and I walked in silence, not saying one word just the tapping of our shoes on the tiled floor. I shoved my hands on my pockets and slouched down, trying to figure out what I did wrong. Ive done many things wrong in my time but today only just started unless he wants to talk about the fact I skipped first period. But I doubt that, they don't really care as long as you're here and I can just say I missed the bus.

He led me towards the lockers that I don't even use. I found them stupid and so American, AND you had to pay for them and I wasn't doing that, but mum paid for the rest of the year insisting I use it because of me leaving everything at home most of the time.

"We need to do a locker check." There were police with him. What in the fuck do they think I did wrong because I really didn't do anything.

"What did I do wrong first?" I looked at them dull eyed, sick of being checked all the time.

"Are you refusing the locker check?" The principal asked crossing his arms with a displeased look apon his old wrinkly face.

"No I'm simply asking what I did wrong to deserve a locker check." I turn to the locker and attempt to unlock it. Failing.

"We have reason to believe you have illicit substances in you're locker." The cop this time explains. I tried the code again and attempt to open it.

"Whats the matter?" The cop asks. Hands on hips. All this authority was so annoying.

"I've forgotten the code." I try again yanking it thinking it was jammed.

"Likely story." The principal sarcastically replies. "Heard it a THOUSAND times."

"Look man if you can open the locker be my guest but I've genuinly forgotten the code. I don't use it." I step aside allowing him to get to it if he wanted to. He goes up to it and puts in the code. I hand my bag to the officer to go through. And take of my jacket pulling the pockets inside out. the officer checked my mouth and patted me down. In all this time the principal still couldn't get in the locker.

"Like I told you I don't know how to get into it. Never done it in my life."

"You're hiding something Vincent Cross I know you are." He squints his eyes at me pointing to me.

"What's happening here?" The one voice that pissed me off the most appears behind me.

"None of your business. That's what." I turn around glaring at him.

"Chill with the attitude, I'm just asking. Ive had that locker before it gets jammed all the time." He takes over for the principal juggling the lock around before it popped open. I rolled my eyes. "There. Why is there a cop?" He turns to me not interested in the adults for the first time.

"They think I have drugs or something. Even though I don't use the locker like ever. I don't think I've ever opened it because it's too difficult and I'm too lazy." I rolled my eyes putting my jumper back on.

"Have fun with that." He says before walking off. He just has a need to know everything then walk away, I genuinely hate him so much, and it doesn't seem like much of a reason but I do I just hate him.

"Wait. Xavier Scott, you are now involved and we will hold you accountable for this!" The principal turns around with a back of white powder. I roll my eyes and start laughing.

"Vince there's nothing to laugh about what the fuck is that?! You don't do coke do you?!" He asked mad. I doubled over dropping to the floor tears running down my face. I forgot about that.

"Dude chill it's sherbet, I forgot I put that in there for a time like this." I said inbetween laughter. When I first got the locker Jack and I came up with the idea to put that in there because they check me all the time because the principal has it out for me for whatever reason. When I calmed down the police woman told me to put my hands out. Since I was compliant they didn't need them behind my back, been through this rodeo before. She did the same to Xavier who was fuming.