13

The music was blaring. You couldn't hear anyone unless they were screaming at you. I was at yet another party I was invited to. Everything seemed a bit different this time, though. I felt sloppy and tired. More than usual. Where was Jack? I came here with Jack. Where is he? Everything felt delayed. I don't think I drank that much. Why am I acting like this? Everything was brighter, and it all seemed much more fun than usual.

"Vinnie?" Who was that?

"Vince, helloo?" I was snapped out of my trance, and I wasn't in the party, I was back at the diner with Xavier. It's a much better feeling than ghat night.

"Sorry." I chuckle eating more pancakes. "Zoned out, what were you saying?" I asked, looking up, grabbing a napkin wiping the syrup from my face.

"You don't have to lie vin vin. I know you were thinking of that night. And that guy was a jerk. And had what was coming to him." I chuckled.

"You risked your future for me. Here have some they're good." I took some pancakes from my fork and shoved them into Z's face, getting him to shut up about the whole experience. Zay hated partied from that day and has refused to go to one since. I mean, I get it. I wouldn't either, but I just like parties too much.

"I would risk anything for you." He gave a goofy smile before taking the pancakes into his mouth.

"I didn't peg you for the cringe couple type." I say, blushing. Before going back into the pancakes. I was so hungry. It wasn't even funny.

"What did you think I was going to be like?" He asked, picking up the jug of orange juice with ice and pouring it into two glass cups that came with our little meal. He pushed on of the glasses towards me, telling me to be careful.

"I don't know, bossy? In control? Not cringe." I giggle, taking a "small" sip of the juice... I inhaled it.... I can't take sips. I try, but I just really like the liquid I can't stop. And then it's just gone from my side, and I get sad.

"Is that a bad thing?" I could tell that I had said the wrong thing. He was feeling insecure about the words I said. I mentally slap my forhead.

"No... I'm just not used to the lovey dovy stuff, is all. And I don't know... it's... it's not cringe cringe. I'm just awkward about it? I guess that's what I'm trying to say? I don't know. It's not bad, no." I explain, not really finding the right words.

"I get you. As long as you're okay with it and not uncomfortable." He gave me a smile. I let put a sigh of relief, knowing I didn't end up hurting him. I never want to hurt anyone, yet I sometimes do by accident because I can never word my sentences right, and they take it the wrong way.

"I'm very comfortable, be as cringe as you want. I probably won't be, but you can if you want." I shrug, I myself couldn't bring myself to. I don't know. I've never done lovey dovey things before. It's such a foreign concept to me.

"I'm glad you're comfortable. How are you finished already?" Not only do I inhale juice, pancakes are too good not to gobble down. I got a little embarrassed.

"I was hungry." I say my mouth full with the last of my pancakes.

"Don't talk with your mouth full Vinnie, you could choak." He warned, I nod my head swallowing the rest. "Are you excited for today?" Z asked, slowly chipping away at his good while looking at his watch for the time.

"More nervous than excited, but I kinda am." I clean up my portion of the table to be polite to the staff that work here. I've worked in a waiting job before, and I knew how nice it was to get a nice and tidy table to pick up. It was so much easier than picking up and staking all the plates and boles and cutlery, so much faster, too.

"Nerves are normal, and to be honest, I'm kinda nervous as well. I've only been to this store once. With my ex, she hated it and cursed me out for bringing her there." He chuckled a little. A sad chuckle. Who could ever curse him out? He looked like a hurt puppy right now. I felt bad on his behalf. "So I'm just hoping you enjoy it a little more than her." He looked up from his plate.

"If it's with you, I'm sure it will be fine." I mumbled, still looking away. Hiding my blush Oh my God, that was so cringe. Why would I say that? What is wrong with me? EW!! I thought to myself.

"Thank you vinnie that, makes me feel so much better." He smiled.

It took him ages, but he eventually finished his pancakes and got up and laid for both our food. Much to my uncomfort. I did offer to pay my half, but he denied and paid for it all.

When we got into the car, he lifted up the crnter console and pulled out a stupid pill capsule. I glared at it like it was going to disappear, and he gave me 2 pills. And bottled water. I silently took it swallowing hard before focusing on the music.

"How much longer till we get there?" I asked, placing my feet on my dashboard slumping in the seat.

"Not too long now, it's just a little further in the city." He says, putting on the radio. I watched the buildings go by, and it seemed quite pintrest aesthetic. It was only early morning. So there was still a slight dusty orange from the sun waking up. I was enjoying the view before z turned into an underground parking area.

"Is this the building?" I asked, sitting up straighter. Looking down the empty rows of parks. There were a few cars around. Shocking since it's early.

"Yeah, it is. It isn't as big as Westfield, but it's a really good mall." I give a small smile. I was putting my shoes back on as Xavier got out, I didn't even realise that he was walking around the outside to open my door. I flinched at the sound of my door opening.
"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He chuckled, holding his hand out to help me out of the car. A small blush spread across my nose.

"What a gentleman." I laugh. It wasn't funny.

"Only the best for you." He pulled me out and closer to him. I could see his very faint feckless across his face this close.

"This is gay." Was all that came out of my mouth. I couldn't say something cute, and I didn't know what I was meant to do, so It was just the first thing that came to mind. Z began to laugh a little his laugh was so sweet, so smooth, and it matched with the I wanted to face palm myself.

"Well, you're not wrong, love." I lightly hit him and push him away, embarrassed.

"Whatever, let's go." I closed my door, waiting for him to lead the way.

___________________

Had to break into my own house at 5am last night, and I wasn't quite sober, so if this end part doesn't really make sense, that's why.

Just like my other books (?) I will not be editing for a whole lmao enjoy that, I'm lazy.