Bombs, Spiders, and Dinner

Ben and Frisk enter the next area, and it's pitch black. Despite the darkness, Chara's ghostly form is still very visible.

Ben gets a phone call from Alphys, and he answers it.

Ben: "Hello? The room we're in is pretty dark."

Alphys: "Really? A-Another dark room, huh? Not to worry! M-My hacking skills have got things covered!"

When the lights turn on, some loud music can be heard, music reminiscent of a news station.

Alphys & Ben: "Are you serious?"

Mettaton: "OHHHHHH YESSS!!! GOOD EVENING, BEAUTIES AND GENTLEBEAUTIES! THIS IS METTATON, REPORTING LIVE FROM MTT NEWS!"

Ben: "Of course he has a news station."

Chara: "And considering what Mettaton has attempted to to you guys at this point, this can't end well."

Mettaton: "AN INTERESTING SITUATION HAS ARISEN IN EASTERN HOTLAND! FORTUNATELY, OUR CORRESPONDENTS ARE OUT THERE, REPORTING LIVE! BRAVE CORRESPONDENTS, PLEASE DIND SOMETHING NEWSWORTHY TO REPORT? OUR TEN WONDERFUL VIEWERS ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!"

Frisk: "Okay?" She looks over at a dog a couple of yards away. "How about that dog?"

Ben: "Sure." He shrugs. "Couldn't hurt to try."

Chara: "I mean, it could."

The three go over to the dog.

Mettaton: "WHAT A SENSATIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR A STORY! I CAN SEE THE HEADLINE NOW: "A DOG EXISTS SOMEWHERE." FRANKLY, I'M BLOWN AWAY."

Ben: "Then this will be what we report, I guess."

Mettaton: "ATTENTION, VIEWERS! OUR CORRESPONDENTS HAVE FOUND....A DOG!" He starts whispering. "(CUE AUDIENCE AWWS)"

Frisk and Chara giggle a bit at that, and Ben just chuckles in amusement.

Mettaton: "THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS! IT'S THE FEEL-GOOD STORY OF THE YEAR! LOOK AT ITS LITTLE EARS, TINY PAWS, FLUFFY TAIL...." There's a short pause. "WAIT A SECOND. THAT'S NOT A TAIL!"

Ben: "What?" He kneels down to inspect the dog's tail. "What is he talking about?"

Frisk: "Not sure." She kneels down as well. "Nothing seems wrong with it."

The end of the dog's tail suddenly starts burning.

Mettaton: "THAT'S A FUSE!"

Ben and Frisk jump back, with the latter freaking out a bit.

Frisk: "Oh my god!"

Mettaton: "THAT'S RIGHT. THAT DOG IS A BOMB!! BUT DON'T WORRY! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE REST OF THE ROOM YET!!!"

Mettaton suddenly flies in, wearing a red suit and a yellow tie.

Mettaton: "BECAUSE IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IN THIS AREA IS ACTUALLY A BOMB!" He points at a present. "THAT PRESENT'S A BOMB!" He points at a basketball. "THAT BASKETBALL'S A BOMB!"

Frisk: "O-Okay, this is different." Her breathing picks up in pace. "I am v-very scared right now."

Ben: "It's going to be okay." He rubs Frisk's back. "We'll take care of this."