Big Date

After a short trip back to Hotland with the assistance of River Person, who mentions a man speaking in hands, the humans now stand before the lab.

Ben: "Now let's drop off this letter and then head off back to Asgore."

The three approach the door, inspecting it.

Frisk: "No mail slot."

Chara: "Slide it under the door, then."

Ben crouches down and slides the letter underneath the door, then stands back up and knocks on the door.

As Ben is about to turn around, he hears a faint voice from behind the door.

Alphys: "O-Oh n-no, is that another letter?"

Ben: 'Another?'

Having also heard Alphys, Frisk and Chara lean forward to listen.

Alphys: "I don't want to open it....can't I just slide it back out?"

Chara: "Weird." She whispers. "What's wrong with opening a letter?"

Frisk: "Maybe it's threat mail?" She whispers. "Also, Chara, you don't need to whisper."

Ben: "Shhhhh."

The girls quiet and go back to listening to Alphys.

Alphys: "N.....no.....I can't keep doing this. I'll read this one." The sound of struggling can be heard. "Um.....I-It's shut k-kind of strongly. Let's see."

The sound of a buzzsaw can be heard for a few moments.

Ben: "Damn. Undyne really didn't want anyone else to read that letter."

Silence is all the three can hear for a few moments, before the door suddenly opens, revealing Alphys looking down at the letter.

Alphys: "Hey, if this is a joke, it's-."

Alphys looks up, seeing Ben and Frisk, and her eyes widen.

Alphys: "Oh My God? D-Did one of you-?"

Ben: "Nope! Nope! Nope!" He crosses his arms into an "X". "It was actually-."

Ben is suddenly interrupted when Frisk elbows him in the stomach, making him clutch his stomach and gasp from the sudden blow.

Frisk: "It's a surprise! They wanted us to keep their identity private in order to surprise you!"

Alphys: "O-Oh, I see. Um...." She taps her chin. "Uh, l-let me go get dressed!"

Alphys leaves to get dressed, leaving the humans a moment to themselves.

Ben: "What was..." He coughs. "What was that about?"

Chara: "Yeah. Why did you hit him?"

Frisk: "Well, remember the quiz show we were a part of?"

Ben: "Yeah?"

Frisk: "And how we found out Alphys has a crush on Undyne?"

Chara: "Yes. Does this have a point to it?"

Frisk: "Do you think Alphys would be brave enough to show up, or believe Undyne wrote that letter, if we told her?"

Ben and Chara share a glance, before looking back at Frisk.

Ben & Chara: "No, probably not."

Frisk: "Exactly! So let's keep it a secret until the right moment!"