[4]

Hours later, Eira was knocking on Sanji's door, to which she hears a faint voice instructing her to come in.

Sanji was standing out on his balcony staring out at the sea when the light rap on his door was heard. Having a feeling it was Eira, he perks up when he's greeted with a bright smile.

"I've been keeping tabs on you, you know?" Was the first thing she said as she entered, closing the door behind her.

"You have?"

Eira joined him outside, taking a seat on the ledge. "Of course. When it first came out that you were a member of the Straw Hats, I picked up a paper because I felt like something was calling me to. But since then, I make sure to grab a copy to check that you and your friends are still alive."

Their eyes meet. Sanji can see relief washing away worry now that he was standing in front of her. Eira pulls her knees to her chest, resting her crossed arms on top.

"Believe it or not, we actually could've run into each other weeks ago. I had been undercover in Dressrosa for a bit before everything went down. Met Luffy in the Colosseum. We were in the same first round block of the competition, ended up helping him fight for his brother's devil fruit and then escape to save Law. I can see why you're loyal to him."

Sanji can't help but smile, "He may be dumb at times, but he has these moments where you can't help but to be in awe of him. He cares about his friends and doesn't tolerate injustice." There's a pause as both reflect on the truthfulness in the statement before Sanji exclaims, "Wait... are you on a first name basis with Torao?"

"He's very knowledgeable about Germa 66, even if I'm not a prominent character in the comics." She says teasingly, a massive grin spread on her face. "And not to brag or anything but, per Luffy's words, we're friends. Something about Rebecca and I buying him food? Anyway, fought with your crew and some others to bring down the Doflamingo Family, celebrated with them and got a piece of Luffy's vivre card before everyone sailed off! I went back to help rebuild.

I didn't tell anyone that I know you, by the way. I figured you left as much of your old life in the dark as possible after escaping and had a feeling that even they were clueless about it, until now."

"Thank you. Though, I wouldn't mind if they knew about you. You were my only friend in this shithole."

Eira can't help but laugh and Sanji can't help but to lightly blush at the sound.

"Well, if I see them again I'll be sure to brag that I'm friends with the greatest cook in the world!" The girl's expression then turns serious, "I'm really glad that you were at least able to pursue your dreams, Sanji. I'm sorry that you're being ripped away from the life you've built."

He shrugs, scratching the back of his head. "It wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for you and Reiju. I'm grateful to even have had the chance."

Sanji could see a certain look in her eyes, a deeply hidden desire. So he asks, "Do you have a dream? Something to strive for outside of this perfect soldier you're forced to be?"

There was silence before she answers, "I do dream of being free. The two years away made me realize that I want to learn about the world and enjoy what it has to offer without always being on a mission or having the constraints of being a spy. Before I parted from your captain, he explained what it meant to him to be King of the Pirates. He'd truly be free.

He changed my perspective, but I don't think it's possible for me to get away from Germa," she whispered. "You know how Judge is, he's gotten worse through the years too. I'm also close with your siblings!so it'd be hard to leave them behind."

Taking a deep breath, the smile returns to her face, albeit a bit forced. "Anyways, I want to know more about everything you've been up to since you got away, how you met your friends and the adventures you've been on!"

Sanji joins her on the ledge and catch up, exchanging stories from the past 13 years.

When their conversation comes to a close, Eira grabs his hand and gives a light squeeze telling him she'll see him in the morning. As she heads out of the room, the blonde's eyes can't help but to follow. His mind is scrambled from being in her presence, certain feelings resurfacing as he finds comfort at her inner (and outer) beauty.