[22]

The 5 Germa commanders stood defensively around the pair. Any bullets shot at them harmlessly bouncing off, some even exploding upon contact with their bodies.

Luffy laid next to Sanji, asleep and unbothered, when Ichiji spoke. "Sanji, take him and get off the island already. We don't need you here."

"They set us up." Niji grumbled.

"We'll make them pay!" Yonji glared out at the sea of bodies.

"The whole island is our target, Sanji!" Reiju added, implying that things were about to get crazy.

Sanji, though slightly irritated at his oldest brother's directive, had to agree. This was their best chance since he knew they could handle the situation.

"Germa!" Oven shouted, catching everyone's attention. "I thought you all died! How did you survive?"

"What ever do you mean?" Eira sang.

Sanji could only see the back of her head now but he sensed the smirk on her face.

"Ten thousand soldiers led by Nusstorte took over your kingdom!"

"Oh them." She replied airily. "Yeah, they swarmed us like flies-"

"-But we swatted them and dumped them into the sea." Ichiji finished once again, casually waving around one hand while the other rested on his hip to emphasize the ease of the task.

"What?!" Oven's face was momentarily stuck in shocked expression that pleased Germa.

In the moment of confusion, Reiju jolted the two Straw Hats into action. "Sanji! Just go now!"

"Okay!" The blonde threw his captain over his shoulder and took off sprinting, then kicked off the ground to sky-walk. Easily avoiding any bullets shot at him, the Big Mom Pirates resorted to bazookas causing a moment of panic in Sanji.

"Don't stop, Sanji!" Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji appeared together and used their combined power to protect the departing brother.

On the Sunny, the transponder snail rang out. Brook answered the call, allowing Sanji's voice to come through.

"Hey, can you hear me?"

"Sanji!" Jimbei replied. "We can't get any closer to the island than this."

"I know! Sail by the harbor at full speed! I'll make it there while Eira and the others hold them off. I'm counting on you all!"

Sanji was grounded and forced into a sprint again, kicking away anyone who got in his way.

But Brulee revealed the truth of what happened in the Mirroworld. "Don't let him get away! Straw Hat didn't flee from Katakuri by throwing dust in his eyes. Our perfect older brother, was defeated by Straw Hat Luffy!"

With everyone's anger peaked, it became significantly harder for Sanji to escape.

Oven was literally burning with anger, fiery heat waves radiating from his body. He'd gotten in front of Sanji, cutting off his path. "Damn you, Straw Hat!"

Sanji froze as a flaming sword descended upon him, until he felt a chill run down his spine. For a moment, all he could see was white as the chill intensified. Then a loud clang reverberated across the island and a burst of warm air cleared his sight.

"Impeccable timing, as always." Standing in front of him was Eira, sword locked against Oven's.

The blur of a figure landed next to the white-haired female and shouted, "Sparking Valkyrie!"

The red-haired male's attack brought Oven to his knees, as well as a majority of the enemy pirates in their vicinity. "Take off Sanji!"

The cook took off without question.

Ichiji turned to Eira and nodded. "It's time for you to go too. We have this handled."

Eira stared at him silently for a moment before realizing he was holding a hand out to her. A mini transponder snail sat in the palm of his hand. She laughed and took it, both knowing her acceptance of the device was a promise to keep in touch. Meeting Ichiji's eyes, Eira gave him a soft smile for the bittersweet moment. She nodded at the first-born son before making a move to follow in Sanji's footsteps.

But she was stopped in her tracks as Ichiji pulled her into a quick hug. He pressed a featherlight kiss to her forehead and then released her.

Left somewhat shocked, Eira was sent on her way with a gentle nudge.