[5]

Eira was up early the next day for training with Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji. She greeted them with a bright smile before serving the second oldest male a sharp slap to the back of the head, scolding him for almost harming the head chef. The girl also challenged him to a sword fight just so she could kick his butt, which she did.
She could never resist a chance to use her beloved blade.

The Germa Kingdom had somehow gotten their hands on a Great Grade Blade and gifted it to her at a young age once she expressed interest in becoming a swordswoman, which only furthered her desire as she was determined to wield it. It was now rare to see her without the blade strapped to her back.

They joked around a bit, the brothers instigating playful fights, happy to have her back. Being the only one able to bring out any type of emotion from them, they cherished their time with her. On top of that, each one had learned to respect Eira when they were younger. They willingly show their care for her as missions continuously take her away for longer periods of time. None of them could deny that they were fond of the girl.

Sanji could see the group from his balcony overlooking the training ground. Watching their interactions, the blonde can easily tell his brothers harbor some type of feelings for the girl, which was obviously surprising since they were known for being emotionless monsters.

He sighs, thinking back to when Eira was brought into their lives.

Flashback...

The five Vinsmoke children lined up in front of their father.

A little girl with white hair dressed in a similar dress as Reiju, hers white with a number 5 on it, is brought into the room. The girl, who's about the same age as the boys, smiles brightly at them and joins the end of the line next to Yonji.

"Kids! You all are my greatest scientific achievements" Vinsmoke Judge says. Gesturing to the unknown child, "This is Eira. She is the daughter of my former right hand man. Both he and the mother have passed so I have taken her under my care as she was born superhuman through scientific modification, same as you. Each of you will grow up to eventually lead your own troops and together rule Germa 66! I gave you abilities, all you need is training."

It was evident pretty early on that the white-haired girl was basically a prodigy with emotions. Eira did all tasks with ease and zero hesitation, typically finishing first in everything. Judge was initially disappointed to learn of her emotions as she showed care for the others after each training test, particularly Sanji who struggled. Even as the man would've preferred her to be free of pesky feelings, he couldn't help but favor her as she practically embodied all other qualities he imagined a perfect soldier to have. The discovery of her cryokinetic abilities were icing on the cake.

The siblings all loved having her around. Reiju had claimed her a sister, while the boys had little schoolboy crushes on her. Sanji liked spending time with her and appreciated whenever she would knock the other boys in the head if they messed with him. She would also join him every time he visited Sora in the med wing. Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji respected her abilities but also genuinely enjoyed her presence.

-

Disappointed at Sanji's lack of superhuman qualities, he was labeled a failure and pronounced dead by his father. Eira, however, knew he'd been locked up in the lower levels of the castle, never to be freed and subjected to wearing an iron mask as a cruel punishment for something he couldn't control. She spent as much time with him as she could without raising suspicion, bringing him books and encouraging his love for cooking. Hating how the boy suffered, especially after his brothers found out he was in fact alive and beat him up, she'd been planning Sanji's escape to ensure the best chance at complete freedom.

The day came about six months later when the snail ships climbed the Red Line into the East Blue to fight a war. Reiju had come to her knowing they had the same idea that it was time for him to leave them. As Germa approached the target country, both girls made their way down to Sanji's cell.

Sanji, unaware of what they were plotting, turned to them with tears streaming down his face as they came into view. "I want to be a cook! If I can run away here in the East Blue, I'll never have to see Father's face again, right?"

Neither girl could help the tears forming in their own eyes. With anger coursing through her, Reiju grabbed two of the bars separating her and her brother. "Step back!" She instructed, easily bending them, "You only have one chance! Don't ruin it!" To which Eira grabbed his hand, and the trio booked it to the main level, 

"Sanji, go with Reiju and find the key to your mask. It should be in Judge's room. Look for the skull symbol on the wall." Eira instructed and let go of his hand.

"What? What about you?" The boy said, reluctant to leave her side.

"I'm gonna go see what's happening outside. You and Reiju will meet me out there once you're free." She gave him a soft smile.

He nodded and took off with his sister, glancing back to see Eira sprinting out of the castle.

Free from the mask, Reiju and Sanji made their way outside both silently agreeing to never speak of the boy's final interaction with his so-called father for his own sake. A frosted path led them to Eira, who was waiting for them behind a large rock.

Seeing them approach, the girl gestured behind her at a ship that looked untouched and quickly spoke, "The Germa soldiers have ordered that cruise ship be left alone. You need to get on it and hide."

Sanji, however, didn't seem to hear her over his sobs causing his sister to step in. Reiju grabbed his shoulders, voice wavering as she looked at her younger brother, "Please stop crying and listen! Don't ever come back here. The sea is broad and you'll definitely meet kind people someday!"

When she let go, Eira gently pulled him into a hug, his arms immediately wrapping around her too. "You have to go now, Sanji." She whispered, tears freely falling. "You're gonna be ok. You'll have a good life and you'll find people who can help you forget about this place, ones you can make happy memories with. They'll support you no matter what and help you chase your dreams."

"But I don't want to leave you - either of you."

A silent sob wracked her body before she pulled herself out of his arms. "You have to."

He was about to argue when Eira kissed him on the cheek and gently pushed him on his way. "Go, Sanji! Don't ever look back!"

"Run, Sanji!" Reiju yelled.

And he did.

Now...

The quartet below finished training, the boys disappearing into the castle to get ready for their departure while the girl made her way towards the island. Never one to blindly enter unknown territory, Eira decided she'd poke around the island while the family traveled to the Whole Cake Chateau to kick off the wedding festivities. She was not looking forward to joining them in 'enemy' territory later.

The blonde above them, hearing steps behind him, turns to see Reiju entering his room.

"Sanji, it's time to go. Your engagement ceremony at the Whole Cale Chateau awaits."