[17]

Sanji and Pudding had been escorted to a waiting room where the minister went briefly ran through the ceremony. Sanji's thoughts, however, drifted off to how no longer seemed to be affected by just any female. Meeting Pudding's eyes, he realized that since reuniting with Eira, the only woman he felt that way for was her. He was relieved that he wouldn't be distracted by the Yonko's daughter.

He was quiet as he went over Bege's plan in his head again.

"Sanji-san?" He heard a shy voice ask. "What's the matter?"

"Oh nothing, just getting nervous." He added an awkward chuckle and rubbed the back of his head, reminding himself that he needed to act his part.

"Me too." Pudding responded.

Sanji wanted to roll his eyes, knowing it was all an act. But based on what he'd overheard, he couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl. To grow up being bullied by everyone, including her own mother, just for her looks. To be told to hide away a part of her because it was 'creepy' and made her different. That kind of stuff is scarring.

He thought Pudding was pretty, even after accidentally seeing her third eye. Maybe all she needed was just one person to show her acceptance.

"About the wedding kiss. In case you're uncomfortable doing it for the first time in front of people, I don't mind kissing you on the forehead." Sanji offered, wanting to be respectful.

"You can kiss me on the mouth. We are going to be husband and wife after all."

He nodded in acceptance, but knew it wouldn't get to that point. He planned to keep Pudding's attention on him so that she wouldn't turn her gun on Eira. Sanji was curious as to what she thought about the potential kiss. She probably fixated on him having to dodge a bullet to even register that part of the plan (little did he know).

After what seemed like forever, the duo was finally called to gather up on the rooftop.

"The time has finally come, I'm nervous but excited too!" The bride said.

"Me too."

Meanwhile...

Eira found herself in a pleasant conversation with Charlotte Katakuri since Judge had insisted on bringing her with to Big Mom's table. Niji had left her side to get a drink leaving an opening for the man to swoop in.

Each had known exactly who the other was and the powers they possessed. They seemed to get along well despite Eira doing her best to cancel out his future sight, but he seemed to want to continue their easy banter. And she wasn't blind, Katakuri was an extremely attractive older man.

Yonji appeared, apologized to the much larger man quite insincerely, and dragged her away in the direction of the table he was occupying with his brothers. She glanced back and waved at Katakuri before grinning at the green-haired male who seemed slightly jealous.

"Yonji, can I help you with something?"

"We want to spend time with you. Who knows when you'll have to leave again and for how long."

Eira's grin turned into a soft smile as she apologized. "I know I haven't been around lately. I'm sorry for that and for leaving you all yesterday. Good news is my impromptu mission went well. I just-"

She paused, the urge to share why she practically disappeared for two years creeping in. Yonji, who was giving her his undivided attention, would be the most understanding brother. Eira knew she could trust him not to tell or to judge, whereas Ichiji and Niji would be a bit judgmental despite caring for the girl.

It was her turn to drag him along, both quickly sitting at the table with an expectant Ichiji and Niji. "I think it's time for an explanation on why I was gone for so long. I need you all to listen and let me finish before you say anything." And she told them the tale of her two years worth of 'missions.'

None of them made a sound as she finished, blank faces across the board. Niji and Yonji were fixated on the table, bodies leaned back in their chairs with arms crossed over their chests. Ichiji sat slightly slouched with elbows resting on the table and was staring at her from behind his glasses.

Eira wasn't surprised when the red-haired male broke the silence with a sigh, but was at the words he spoke.

"Would it kill you not to go radio silent next time?"

He was met with a look of confusion, to which all three males softly laughed at.

Yonji spoke up, "Being around you makes us feel free. Even if we shouldn't want that, we can't help but cherish the feeling. Growing up, you always had that sense of adventure though you tried to hide it. We can't ask you to abandon that."

"We care about you Eira." Niji chimed in. "Always have, always will. Go do what you gotta do, we'll hold down the fort."

"Who are you and what have you done with the cold-hearted Vinsmoke brothers?" She joked.

Ichiji smirked, "Just don't go blabbing about what we said. We have reputations to uphold."

"By the way, you look really good."

"Way to ruin it Niji." She playfully glared as he smirked at her, the other two nodding in agreement.

They continued to talk, drink and eat, until the clock struck noon. The four were joined by Judge and Reiju. Eira glanced around, seeing the company that literally surrounded them. She knew of all the big names of the Charlotte family and the powers they possessed.

'This'll be fun.' She thought.