[9]

In the Vinsmoke Family's Guest Room...

"Father, do you know what it is that Eira had to take care of?" Yonji asked, peaking Ichiji and Niji's interests. The siblings were obviously surprised by the news that she needed to leave having only been with them less than a day. They knew the assurance that she'd be back was meant for them, but they were curious of her mission.

Now early evening and the family, minus Reiju and Sanji, relaxing in the commons area of their large guest room, it was the first moment they've had alone since entering the Chateau.

The head of the family sighs, having expected at least one of his sons to ask.
"No. But I trust she'll handle it quickly and keep true to her word, as always. We'll need her here in case anything happens."

The boys frown, unsatisfied with his answer. Their minds only cloud with more curiosity and slight worry, but push it away as the conversation moved to the topic of their engaged brother.

"Anyway," Yonji speaks again, "Where will the married couple live after they get married?"

"In Germa. We'll need to hold the daughter hostage in case they try to make any outrageous demands. We're dealing with pirates after-all."

The sons all sport matching smirks, excited at the idea of being able to torment Sanji again.

On the balcony outside Pudding's room...

It was safe to say Sanji was thoroughly pissed. He had just learnt that the safety of his friends was never on the table despite his efforts, that the Big Mom Pirates were plotting against him and his family, and that his sister was currently sitting in Pudding's room with a bleeding bullet wound.

He had convinced himself that accepting this marriage was best for everyone only to now regret it. How could he face them after everything he'd done?

He was cold and completely soaked standing right outside the girl's window in the pouring rain. He couldn't even calm himself down as his cigarette wouldn't hold a light. The cook was learning to care for his soon-to-be wife, having put together a delicious meal and picking a bouquet of flowers for her. He had been on his way to deliver them when he found himself in this situation. The girl's door had denied him entry so he thought he could sneak in through her balcony door, which is when he saw Reiju and overheard everything.

Pudding revealed her true nature to him unknowingly. She wasn't the innocent, kind girl forced to marry him like he thought. The Yonko's daughter was one of the main adversaries in their scheme to take over Germa 66's Clone Soldiers and scientific technology. She also had a third eye, but that didn't bother Sanji.

"At the wedding tomorrow, you Vinsmokes will all be eliminated. That includes your white-haired 'sister.' Though, I'm almost certain you're the only one who sees her that way. The supposed emotionless man-boys definitely care about her, I just haven't seen to what extent. Sanji is in love with her, he had a look in his eyes when he mentioned her. So, to torment him before he goes, I'll aim for her first." And she laughed.

That, that last line was the only thing that bothered Sanji as she continued to mock him.