the weeping lady (La Llorona)

There is a legend in latin America, about a weeping woman who drowned her kids because of her cheating husband, the woman is still haunting the place where she killed her kids….
.
.
.
Angelo holding the camcorder where TTT is in, is roaming around a river in Mexico it was the dead of the night, making for a good spot for some scares, but Angelo and TTT aren't here for Halloween, they are here to see if the rumors are true..

Angelo POV:

“Hey, I don't think this is a good idea,” I said, glancing back at TTT, who surveyed the area while I held the camcorder high above my head. She replied, “You didn't forget, did you? It was you who suggested investigating the rumor!” Her enthusiasm defeated my reservations.

Sighing in defeat, I brought down the camcorder to eye level. “Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking investigating this rumor…” I mumbled, scrutinizing the ground to ensure I knew every step. The woods before the river were infamous for making passersby disappear.

“What's the survey result?” I asked TTT after she finished scanning the area. “The river is just up ahead. Watch out for the sticks; they might trip you,” she cautioned.

Encountering the weeping woman didn't scare me; it was the fear of getting lost in the woods. Unlike other woods we explored, this one lacked defined paths. Thoughts of the theater room critter and the chilling escape through the woods haunted my mind. Looking around, I stood near the rumored river, facing TTT inside the camcorder. “It's time to confirm if the rumors and legends are true,” I declared, turning off the camcorder. Faintly, I heard TTT say, “Good luck. Don't die on me now.”

As I waited, the clock ticked to 3:00 am, and a splash echoed from the river. Could it be the weeping lady? There was only one way to find out.

Third Person POV:

As Angelo approached the river, the splashes intensified. In the center, a weeping lady emerged. "Son… son?" she called softly, slowly advancing. Angelo, stepping back, realized the gravity of the situation.

**Click.** The camcorder turned on, revealing TTT inside. Before she could greet Angelo, she saw the weeping lady freeze. “Angelo… I think we should—” TTT started, glancing at Angelo from the camcorder. In unison, they decided, “RUN!”

They sprinted out of the river, the weeping lady in pursuit. Angelo zigzagged through the woods, hoping to disorient her. Spotting the forest exit, he tripped on a branch, damaging the camcorder. Ignoring the pain, he limped towards the exit. Once out, he summoned his last strength for a final dash to the car. Starting the engine, he celebrated his escape but checked his notepad at a red light, contemplating the eerie encounter.

Angelo POV:

Come on, come on... I pressed harder on the gas, driving to a nearby camcorder shop. Checking the damaged camcorder, I feared losing TTT. Remembering her warning, I rushed into the store, grabbing a discounted camcorder. At the cashier, I paid quickly, returning to the car with both camcorders side by side. TTT transferred to the new one, urgently cautioning, “Throw away the old camcorder now! It's going to catch fire.” Without hesitation, I tossed the old device, watching it turn into flames. “Rest in peace, buddy. Hope you find a peaceful life in the technology afterlife,” I whispered. TTT, now in the new camcorder, nodded.

A few minutes later, relieved, we drove away. “Next time, TTT, please warn me about where we're going,” I remarked. She replied, “Will do.” The entire encounter with the weeping lady was undeniably a very, very weird adventure.