Epilogue: Risveglio

“You sure this is the guy, boss?”

“Yes, I'm sure of it. Call Klaus and tell him he'll get what he asked for.”

“Alright, boss. Should I wake him up now?”

“Of course, but first, don't alarm him. He might not join us if that happens.”

“Got it! Activating Storm Syndrome Reverser!”

---

Angelo's POV

The moment I opened my eyes, I was no longer on the ground, but I was inside a building? The light from above blinded me for a second before I got my senses. Where am I? I thought to myself. Then I saw two figures standing near a door frame. One had a monocle on his left eye, resembling someone who served as a butler in the 1920s. The other looked like a professor; the dark circles under his eyes suggested he had gone through a lot. Simply put, both of them were 6'2" in height. I should be cautious when meeting new people like this.

I tried opening my mouth to talk, but the man with the monocle interrupted before I could speak.

“I know you have many questions, Mr. Angelo, but rest assured we aren't here to harm you, but merely… to recruit you.”

The man with the monocle said. How does he know my name? Well, granted that he may be one of the people that visited the blog website I made, but I have a feeling he isn't. A few seconds of silence before I spoke up.

“Who are you? And why do you want to recruit me?”

I questioned. With a smile, the man with the monocle answered.

“To put it bluntly, you are now considered dead. The whole world, practically everyone you know, has been reversed by the ‘storm.’ But do not fret; all of us here are considered dead as well.”

The man with the monocle said ominously. It was no use; I was getting increasingly nervous as the man with the monocle spoke. He continued talking.

“As for my name, you can call me by my first name… Cedric.”

Huh... I think I heard that name before?

“Are you Cedric? The one who made ‘My Time in Wonderland’?”

With a smile, he nodded his head. He is Cedric! The man who made “My Time in Wonderland.” It's a biography or more or less a biography written to be like a story. It depicts a boy who couldn't forget anything and managed to go to Wonderland, meeting a friend there! All of my common sense just got thrown out the window.

“I thought you died in the 1960s?!?!”

Cedric answered my question.

“That is because, yes, I am dead, or practically anyone in here is dead, including you. You see, we have two things in common: one, we are considered dead, and two, we managed to survive the ‘storm.’”

He said. I have so many questions in my mind. What is the "storm"? If I was dead, then how did I survive? But Cedric interrupted my thoughts.

“We can talk while we walk around the place. You can stand, right?”

I tried standing up. I succeeded, although my feet were still a bit wobbly. I walked over to Cedric as the man with dark circles under his eyes opened the door for us.