The bridge

Angelo's POV:

There it is again—the bridge. I always dream of it. The bridge isn't made of glass or crystals; it's made of lines of computer codes, a bunch of binary codes. The thing that catches my eye is the shining bright light from the other side. I try reaching it every time, but I always wake up when I get close.

It intrigues me how such a bridge shows up in my dreams. I take a step. Each step echoes from the empty void of space in my dream. I take a step closer, and the bridge cracks. I run; the bridge is falling apart. I manage to reach the light, but my eyes open. I wake up, breaths heavy. I go to the bathroom and wash my face.

I need to forget about the whole bridge thing. I just hope that was the last dream for that bridge. I get out of the bathroom, check if TTT isn't on my computer. The best I could hope for is TTT being out and just wandering the net, maybe scaring some people.

Once I confirm that TTT is out, I check my computer console coding and go to work on the gift I will make for TTT.

Two hours pass, and I complete the present I'm going to give to TTT once she gets back. But something weird happens; my whole computer is going haywire. I try my best to fix it, but the damage is far from simple. My computer screen cracks. I back away, hoping I won't explode once the computer blows up. I look over to my hand—why is it disappearing into codes?

Before I can gather myself, my computer screen cracks, and binary codes fill my room. Before I can scream for help, I'm not in my room anymore—I'm on the bridge now, the binary bridge. The moment I realize, I begin to run, run to the light on the other side of the bridge. I reach for the light, hoping this will lead me to a safe place.

Third Person POV:

Angelo wakes up shortly after reaching for the light on the other side of the bridge. He opens his eyes to a bizarre landscape. The sky isn't blue like the real world; it's made out of numbers. It's like the whole place is inside a computer. Angelo explores briefly; he sees that the people here all wear a TV-like device as their heads. The only thing that resembles a human is the faces shown on their TV heads. Angelo, weirded out, checks for his notepad to add another check about TV people being real. But something bad happens; in a few seconds, one of the digital houses explodes, and critter-like creatures appear. Angelo can only conclude that these critters are computer viruses, and the houses represent computers. Without missing a beat, he runs away from the whole place.

As he runs, he reaches a dead end. He tries climbing, but it's useless. Cornered by the critter viruses, he says, “Well, if I'm gonna die here, then you all are going down with me!” The best he can do is imagine something—a sword or a gun made of codes. He opens his eyes, and his imagination comes true; a sword made out of numbers appears in his hands. He smiles as he points it at the critter viruses, provoking them. He swings the sword at an upcoming critter virus; the critter is cut clean and disappears with numbers. “Hooh! So, ahem, prepare to face the wrath of the antivirus sword?” His naming sense is very bad; nonetheless, he swings the sword again, not another critter.

A few more slashes, and all the critters are gone. With nothing to fight anymore, he drops to the ground. “Where the hell am I?” he questions as he regains his energy. He roams the digital landscape again; if this is the digital landscape, there's a chance he'll see TTT. After a few more minutes, he bumps into someone. “Sorry,” he apologizes, and so does the person he bumped into. “No worries, no worri—Angelo!” Shocked, he looks eye to eye with the person—TTT! And we know his reaction—“TTT!” He's surprised, but what surprises him more is TTT hugging him. Of course, he returns it, but TTT's hug is quite strong. “Uhh…TTT…I can't breathe,” he says, and TTT realizes how strong her hug was. She quickly lets go, allowing Angelo to breathe, also apologizing. “I'm sorry! I never hugged someone before!” She says, her face a bit red. “No worries, but…where am I, if I may ask TTT?” he says to her as he looks around. TTT's eyes sparkle as she spreads her arms wide for a grand expression. “Welcome to the global village!” she says to Angelo.

Well, this whole thing might be interesting!