CHAPTER 12: THE BEGINNING PAST

[ The Hanshi ]

"Hey, Lan XiChen! Zewu-Jun!" Jiang Cheng who was get dragged by the collar.

Lan XiChen went inside the room and throw Jiang Cheng on the bed, "OW!" Jiang Cheng who got thrown on the bed by Lan Xichen.

Jiang Cheng turned his head and stared at Lan Xichen, the two stared at each other, Jiang Cheng pouted as he laid his head on his hand standing supporting it head, "Since when has the Lan Sect been so lenient towards something as shameless as peeking at one of its most distinguished cultivators bathe? How could they tolerate this?!" Jiang who was disappointed that his planned didn't work..

Lan XiChen turned as he start to strip, jiang Cheng on his thoughts, "what if I strike while the iron is hot and disgust him some more..." Jiang Cheng who planned another plan that could make Lan XiChen disgust of him and kick him out the cloud recesses.

"Lan- ouch!" Jiang Cheng got bumped his head to Lan XiChen's chest, he backed his head a bit and look up at Lan XiChen, "...." The two stared at each other and Jiang Cheng slowly look down as he sees the mark on it lan Xichen's chest.

"Huh.." Jiang Cheng stared at the mark on its chest, Lan XiChen notice the stare on his chest that Jiang Cheng got curious how he have it, "....."

"The brand mark, I also had one before I became the Yiling Patriarch..." Jiang Cheng stared at the mark more the curiousness on his face shows.

"No matter the position or the shape, this one is exactly the same as the one I used to have... But why?" Jiang Cheng, has questions that he wanted to ask Lan XiChen, he looks up and stare at Lan XiChen's face.

"Lan XiChen made his name at a young age and people have been speaking very highly of him. Just what an unforgivable mistake did he make for him to be punished so harshly?" Jiang Cheng wanted to ask and know the meaning of his mark, why did he have it? What happened, when he was gone.. what mistake did he do to be punished like this, was written all over Jiang Cheng's face.

"You will be sleeping here." Lan XiChen said and walks out the room as his room was next to its Jiang Cheng's room...

-SHUTS

Jiang Cheng stared at the door where Lan Xichen went to, he relaxed his body as he keeps staring at the door..

"How strange! In the past, no matter what I did, Lan XiChen couldn't tolerate anything." Jiang Cheng lies down on the bad, "But now, no matter what I did, Lan XiChen can tolerate everything. How strange!" Jiang Cheng falls his body to it's bed and looks at the ceiling..

"...." Jiang Cheng, eyes wide awake couldn't sleep yet, "would he be asleep already?" Jiang Cheng thoughts and looks at the door once again.

[ The rules of the Lan Sect are strict with a rigorous sleeping routine. They sleep at nine and rise at five. ]

"The lights inside Lan XiChen's inner bedchamber are still on." Jiang Cheng on his thoughts again and thinks of something.

After couple of minutes he gets up and walks towards to the door where Lan Xichen was sleeping.

"The token of passage is on him. Maybe I'll be able to find it?" Jiang Cheng thoughts as he slowly opened the door and peep inside.

Jiang Cheng who sneaks inside the room, as he saw Lan XiChen laying down on it's bed peacefully. Jiang Cheng sneakily towards him and laid his hand towards it face making sure if he was actually fully sleep.

"Mn." Lan XiChen who suddenly woke up, as Jiang Cheng who panicked, "He's not asleep!" He was in panic that he thinks of something quick.

Lan XiChen's eyes slowly blinking as he looks to Jiang Cheng, "Oh well, I'll just go through with it." Jiang Cheng who planned that is not even related to his what he planned before, bad decision at all.